• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why I can't rate Warner as a "really good batsman/opening batsman"....I think he is good but not that good....his stats are inflated due it his superior record in the comforts of home (Australia). But away from home he averages 32.6....not good enough for a Test opening batsman. His technique is flawed and he gets found out.

But I guess we can all assume he will he selected for the Test matches in Australia during the summer - they will be at home after all.
This is…. not new

CartyDurham

International Captain
Hi Carty. Just to let you know I’m in a choral society and we’re doing a concert tonight, rehearsal this afternoon, so you won’t be seeing me on the forum until very late, or at all. Hope there is some cricket for everyone else to watch…. I’ll set TV to record, just in case..
Have a great show . Hope you smash it

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Covers on at the moment.
Hi Aidan. Just to let you know I’m in a Choral Society and have a concert this evening, rehearsal this afternoon , so will be absent from the forum until late. Setting to record in the event there is actually some cricket. It’s not raining here west o’t Pennines….

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Hi Aidan. Just to let you know I’m in a Choral Society and have a concert this evening, rehearsal this afternoon , so will be absent from the forum until late. Setting to record in the event there is actually some cricket. It’s not raining here west o’t Pennines….
Enjoy. I can't see there being a lot of cricket today but you never know.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I thought it was just Centre court?

Edit: see court 1 does too I've gone off tennis so was unaware.

All a retractable roof on two of their courts tells you is that Wimbledon is definitely more posh than any cricket event.
There’s a free stream on the football thread for safcs game today. Starts at 1230

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
It wasn’t raining. But it is now. Heavens have opened…

BigBeefy

Cricket Spectator
Watching the 2001 Headingley rerun on Sky.

I forgot those giddy days when England needed a wicket they they turned to Alan Mullally.

Good Lord.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the 2001 Headingley rerun on Sky.

I forgot those giddy days when England needed a wicket they they turned to Alan Mullally.

Good Lord.
England must be the only major test side not to have an elite left-arm seamer. Would Frank Foster and Voce be the best? Sidebottom was great on a tour of NZ once.