• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Qlder

International Debutant
Pretty sure Marsh 31* proves my earlier post that he doesn't weaken the batting by replacing Green (averaging 21 this Ashes) 😉

Niall

International Coach
Was Woakes fit for the first two tests? Should surely just be an automatic pick at home. They so badly need the batting as well.

Small favor, don't look up Woakes test record at Lords, it will just annoy you.

I think he was fit and even if only 80% he should have played but heh got to play Anderson!

Spark

Global Moderator
Giant missed opportunity if Aus get over 200 here. Can't afford this **** at 2-0 down.
Honestly would be delighted at like 220-250 and have a crack tonight. This pitch looks green and quick enough that it'll still do more than enough tomorrow, might even be quicker.

Gob

International Coach
Honestly would be delighted at like 220-250 and have a crack tonight. This pitch looks green and quick enough that it'll still do more than enough tomorrow, might even be quicker.
Tomorrow is sunny apparently

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

I think he was fit and even if only 80% he should have played but heh got to play Anderson!
Jesus Christ are you still on this? It's Jimmy ffs, stop with your captain hindsight nonsense. Play him for Robinson, sure, but even then the bloke averages 21.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marsh is exactly the sort of cricketer who should just be going **** it and going full Bazball. Immense batting talent, just doesn't know how to hit a forward defence.

Burgey

They’re overdoing the short stuff to Travis here with these two bowlers. The money is pitching it up and decking it either way. Leave the bumpers to Wood

Kraken

State Captain
Why all the short stuff to Trav tbh? From Wood I’d get it, not these guys. He’s really looked quite comfortable

Spark

Global Moderator
Tomorrow is sunny apparently
It was sunny when Cummins et al rissoled England for 80 odd four years ago too. And it was sunny when Hilfenhaus and Siddle did the same in 2009. It's not all about the conditions, especially on a pitch this quick

Uppercut

I don't need reminding, we were chasing 182 to beat England there and he bowled us out in one spell.

morgieb

I dunno if you can really bag them for running with the three guys they did at the start of the series tbh. I know Anderson hasn’t been himself but tbh Robinson is probably the guy I’ve been most disappointed in so far. I really expected him to be a lot more consistently threatening than he has been so far.
Yeah I wouldn't have dropped any of those 3 for Woakes. Surprised Tongue got the callup at Lord's though, especially because there in particular they really needed the batting.

Qlder

International Debutant
Well at least he's got past his career average, which is 25.
Previous record doesn't count as they kept picking him regardless of form just to have that magical allrounder. Last 5 years he's been pretty decent in white ball and FC games