• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Of the English openers that have opened the batting in 40 innings or more , only Mike Brearley has a worse average than Zak Crawley.

Qlder

International Debutant
Of the English openers that have opened the batting in 40 innings or more , only Mike Brearley has a worse average than Zak Crawley.
Why stop at 40 innings to bring Brearley into it. Of English Openers over 41 innings Crawley has the worst ever average
28 matches, 54 Innings, 1371 runs @ 26.36

CartyDurham

International Captain
Hi all. New member. Delighted to be here. Old-head who has been watching cricket for over 30 years.

On the issue, I can't help but feel this may be the end for Anderson. He has served English cricket wonderfully and will be remembered fondly if it is the end.
Hello

England fan? Which county are you a fan of ?

halba

International 12th Man
Neser has been over looked again , Boland starts in the XI due to being a 'green top' from the photos below

Clear green tinge, even if mowed a bit more. That means Boland is an auto selection, as per Aus team management/ Cummins

They will probably use Neser in one of the dead rubbers if they occur.

1688558053739.png

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
On the issue, I can't help but feel this may be the end for Anderson. He has served English cricket wonderfully and will be remembered fondly if it is the end.
The pitches so far (for the most part) haven't been all that bowler friendly. Necessary for the pom batsmen to save test cricket be able to slog, but I don't think they offer much for Anderson. The cricket would be more exciting all round with some sideways movement. Then again even with a tinge of green and with grey skies under lights he didn't seem that threatening so maybe you're right. Still think he'll contribute eventually.

Coronis

International Coach
It is ironic how they’ve put out a pitch that may aid Anderson and now he’s being rested. Not a happy summer for Jimmy.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I actually don't mind the England attack. Wood offers some genuine pacea nd Woakes should move it around a bit, albeit playing Australia has been a problem for him for a while. I don't know what Tongue did wrong. Did he pick up an injury at Lord's?
Yeah I would have played him ahead of Robinson tbh

Woodster

International Captain
Surely it was always in their minds to rest Jimmy for this one, despite how he bowled in the first two Tests. I’d imagine he’ll be brought back for OT and then if there’s anything on the line at the Oval I’m sure he could go again.