• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm just thinking about that last innings at Lords......I honestly think if Foakes was there with Stokes we could have got home. I know that's all ifs and buts......but he's played so many clutch supporting roles like that.

I've said all along he's the perfect foil at No8 for bazball......why the **** can't they see that? At this point I'm honestly picking him just on the batting.......never mind the fact he's a far superior gloveman to Bairstow. It's honestly one of the worst Eng selection calls in recent times imo. Just ****ing dumb.
Who would You drop from the team?

Gob

International Coach
Great news for the English
Not sure if its legitimate

Apparently Green did not train today whereas Marsh intensively did and at the end of the training session, shook the coach's hand and talked to the doco guys

Green didn't have the best of times with the bat but still it's a move that goes backwards. Only reason I can think of is that Marsh can take on the short ball and clear the fence although pretty sure Green could too if he tries

CartyDurham

International Captain
Green has been a complete bust bar catching

he’s looked an absolute bag of nerves at the crease everytime he has batted

his bowling is passable but nothing outstanding

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did pick up a vital stumping last match though :ph34r:
Plenty of bowlers have picked up catches in the deep that they were a bit lucky to get but I reckon it was the least deserved wicket for a bowler that I’ve seen since….we’ll probably the first Test when Brook got out tbf

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So we’re expecting Boland for Hazelwood and Marsh for Green?

Feels like a weaker side

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So we’re expecting Boland for Hazelwood and Marsh for Green?

Feels like a weaker side
If true it is. Hazlewood didn't bowl well but I'd have preferred Neser who is in better form and can bat. As for Marsh, he can go away.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think our side is about the same overall.

Woakes isn’t as good a bowler as Anderson, but he’s good enough on these shores, and Jimmy needs a breather and a strong tail could have got us over the line at Lords.

Wood is an upgrade on Tongue

Ali a downgrade with the bat on Pope (in theory at least) but gives us much more balance -here’s hoping his bowling is better than in Brum

Bairstow better at 5 than 7, though maybe that’s an irrelevance when he has the gloves which is the real difference maker. But still. Give him the chance to bat with the top order more often. A couple of his partnerships with Root last summer were sick

Brook at 3, eh not so sure.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Awful selections again. So we've brought in a batter who has a lower average than Foakes?! This after the WK was the difference in the 1st test and you could argue the second.

Did Foakes kick someone's cat?
I do wonder about some selections - or omissions. I’d hate to think it’s a matter of “if your face fits” but that’s how it looks sometimes.