• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It is a quality joint. @GIMH what was the name of that curry joint the three of us went to? Was a decent nosh up. Massive joint, can’t remember its name, but there’s a lot of good joints to eat in northern English cities from what I’ve seen.
Was it Aagrah? Can't remember 100%. It was brilliant though. I remember being amazed by the giant naan bread. It's never been matched for me

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Latest ICC Rankings top 10 released

2. Smith
3. Labuschagne
4. Head
5. Root
7. Khawaja

2. Cummins
4. Anderson [Rested]
5. Robinson
7. Lyon [Injured]
10. Broad

Edit: Smith (882) 1 point from Williamson (883) to regain #1 in his 100thTest
Does anyone actually subscribe to the ICC rankings or even use them in an argument for who are the best players.

Feel it's just the moronic India/Pakistan fans on twitter that care about them. Even then it's just Azam is a minnow basher blah blah blah boring indian fan craic.

The same fans that will claim Ashwin is the best thing in the world cough hometrack bully cough(to use the same inane rubbish they spout RE Pakistan players)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He was always in as a placeholder for Wood.

If we’d had this batting line up at Lord’s we might have got over the line, but Ali at 7 doesn’t fill me with joy

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don’t get Brook at 3

Very talented but I would have promoted Root

Said enough about Bairstow keeping so England can’t complain if drops cost them again

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was it Aagrah? Can't remember 100%. It was brilliant though. I remember being amazed by the giant naan bread. It's never been matched for me
Yeah sounds familiar. Was good of you to pop across for that. Was ****ing freezing that winter

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah sounds familiar. Was good of you to pop across for that. Was ****ing freezing that winter
Yeah ran up quite an electric bill that winter watching The Ashes with the fire on.

Good night that one. During the Adelaide Test I believe. The minute I got to the pub you shook my hand and then asked if a certain poster lived anywhere near as you wanted a word with him :laugh:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Has Root done the Tendulkar here and refused to move from his favourite batting spot? Questions to answer.
Root should be batting at 3. I know he prefers 4 but he's the senior batsman and should be taking that responsibility.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Also it's harsh on Lawrence. I wouldn't have him in the squad but he is and as such should have replaced Pope. Hardly a ringing endorsement for Lawrence. From Stokes and Co.

If the pitch is a bit green, do we need Mo to provide spin. Root can fill the gap and we could then have played Lawrence.