• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
277 - The target chased by England in the first Test is the third-highest successful chase by any team at Lord's. West Indies had hunted down 342 against England in 1984, while England successfully chased 282 against New Zealand in 2004.

Woodster

International Captain
England are dragging themselves back into this Test, slightly, but I’m still not confident we’ll cope any better with the short ball second time around.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Despite not always being the fastest way to take wickets, I feel as these tactics have been brought on by both sides' fear of the batting side scoring freely. So much for the indomitable spirit of Bazball; it's not unfair to call out these tactics from both Australia and England as negative.

Of course, I defend the right for teams to do this if they think its the best way to win. You can't blame England.

Coronis

International Coach
(132 test only) 176* catches - Rooty

beat A. Cook 175 catches
Just another area where he pales in comparison to Smith. 99 matches 159 catches. Only Fleming (111 matches, 171 catches), Simpson (62 matches, 111 catches) and Grieg (58 matches, 87 catches) have similar or better catch rates.

woodleigh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Aussies should declare and just bowl bouncers for the next day and a half, it could be over by the end of play today.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Despite not always being the fastest way to take wickets, I feel as these tactics have been brought on by both sides' fear of the batting side scoring freely. So much for the indomitable spirit of Bazball; it's not unfair to call out these tactics from both Australia and England as negative.

Of course, I defend the right for teams to do this if they think its the best way to win. You can't blame England.
My thoughts exactly. Aus used it because England were going to be attacking regardless, and England used it because Aus were so far ahead of the game they were going to be attacking regardless.

It doesn't really work unless the opposition is going to be coming at you trying to score fast
Providing he doesn’t just snick off now, camped on the back foot and has made 1 from 23.
ok

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
They're gonna pick a team of 35 year olds next.
“Yes millennials may be self-entitled whiners, but at least they reached maturity before social media started melting everyone’s brains. You want to make a change to your XI for the third test? What’s Ravi Bopara doing these days?” - Gary Stead