• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Travis head is horrible against the short ball. Why has it taken until the 2nd game 2nd inn for them to figure it out.
I've been tearing my hair out for the last 2 years at why everyone hasn't just been bowling at his body this whole time

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Thing about Wagnerball is you have one bowler bowling Wagnerball and the others trying something relatively normal.

Variety keeps it interesting but also makes the batsmen try and attack the other bowlers more, which can also bring about wickets.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Green and Carey just need to say "**** this" and not play a shot at these. If England insist on it they're the ones stalling the game

Spark

Global Moderator
Thing about Wagnerball is you have one bowler bowling Wagnerball and the others trying something relatively normal.

Variety keeps it interesting but also makes the batsmen try and attack the other bowlers more, which can also bring about wickets.
Johnsonball didn't have Harris and Siddle bowling halfway down either. What these two sides have done in the last few days is genuinely unusual.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Green and Carey just need to say "**** this" and not play a shot at these. If England insist on it they're the ones stalling the game
Which in the position England were with smith and Khawaja looking as if they could bat for a fortnight. They had to slow the game right down to have a chance

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I know it’s been said a million times already but Bairstow’s footwork is so so poor. Perhaps even more brick footed than Broad.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Smith and Khawaja are not there now and they're still doing it
of course they will as it’s worked

It’s slowing the scoring and that’s the only way England have a chance to win

The 450 lead that Australia looked like would be achievable is a long way off now

Woodster

International Captain
Yesterday all the talk was woeful execution from England against the short ball (all fair criticism), now there’s talk of how boring this is to watch, how many bouncers are you allowed, Taylor on comms talking about what constitutes intimidatory bowling!! Come on guys, our bowlers blow it down around 80mph!!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Talking about long spells, having a big heart and short pitched bowling and not mentioning Neil Wagner just further reinforces England's imperial ability to steal from the colonies