• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Woodster

International Captain
I think a key difference is Australia have less of an incentive to just see the barrage out. They rather take the risk and score runs given they can afford to.
Yes I get that, but they’re playing it equally as badly so it’s a decent ploy.

Gob

International Coach
Don't mind seeing them shutting the shop here and wait this out. They will obviously run out of steem and the game moves well in to the day

Not sure that can be done with Head

Spark

Global Moderator
Tubby talking about intimidating bowling. These are top order batters, if they can't play 80mph bouncers, give up. I can understand if it's Anderson or Hazlewood at the crease but if Head can't play bouncers that's his deal.
Yeah the reason it's never called because it would be ridiculous to call it in most circumstances, especially if it takes wickets.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Green is a kindred spirit when it comes to playing the short ball. As soon as you pick up it's short, duck.

halba

International 12th Man
Travis head is horrible against the short ball. Why has it taken until the 2nd game 2nd inn for them to figure it out.