• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad seems to have that ability to still hurry blokes with a bouncer at a lower pace. Must be his height. McGrath was the same late in his career when he slowed down. Still got guys miscuing hooks and pull shots even right at the end of his career.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Speed off the hand is just one part of what constitutes cricket ball's pace. There are quite a few intangibles like how much pace is lost after pitching, the vertical component of speed, bounce, bowler's action and how it affects reaction time for the batsman etc etc.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
this should be enough to at least be point of difference, better than 80 mph bouncers from tired Broad and Robinson
Would love to see Tongue and Wood in same team,however unlikely to happen this series. I feel that would really give this seam attack a real injection of serious pace.

Last edited:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
that Carey wicket is one of those some instances i mentioned. im just amused by this narrative of England domination all test and then them losing at the very end due to some freak miracle like it was Lara against Australia, Perera against South Africa or Stokes at Headingley. it wasn’t, if England dominated clearly like you claim they would have put Australia in the mud before even the Carey wicket instead of leaving a margin of 54 runs.

for all the talk of clear favourites and domination you would think they had a wide margin like Australia in Kolkata 2001 in that 1st innings but Australia trailed by only 7 runs after losing the toss on a flat pitch in the 1st innings. only metric by which you guys dominated was the run rate which also means risking more overs for your bowlers without proper support which is something only Molehill seems to understand as bad in this place among England fans

im sure you would beat us in England anyway since you keep thinking im an Aussie fan, im an Indian fan lmao
I don't think we dominated the test, but I do think we held the upper hand at times, as at various times the Aussies did.

But for most of the final day, we were ahead and the pre match narrative from many that we would be out of our depth was wrong.

Apologies for not realising your are an Indian supporter, there can be few things in life as hurtful as being mistaken for an Aussie. 😁

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speed off the hand is just one part of what constitutes cricket ball's pace. There are quite a few intangibles like how much pace is lost after pitching, the vertical component of speed, bounce, bowler's action and how it affects reaction time for the batsman etc etc.
I can guarantee you I've read far more published literature on fast bowling than you have.

CartyDurham

International Captain
so your chances of a win relied on Stokes pulling off an absolute blinder off a catch against the opponent’s 10?

total domination clearly
I love you . Give it up man, you don’t half jump in double footed over the slightest thing

only you said this , Go and have a cup of tea and calm down lover

of course at the start of the test it was clearly known that stokes drop would happen

what a little lamb you are

Last edited:

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh my word what a huge blunder from England to not pick Chris Woakes ..Woakes averages 11 with the ball at Lords and 61 with the bat in 5 tests ..
Crazy stuff
Those are pretty amazing stats for Woakes at Lords. England obviously not a fan of horses for courses though as Carty points out not playing much
in the last 18 months obviously has a lot to do with it.

CartyDurham

International Captain
that Carey wicket is one of those some instances i mentioned. im just amused by this narrative of England domination all test and then them losing at the very end due to some freak miracle like it was Lara against Australia, Perera against South Africa or Stokes at Headingley. it wasn’t, if England dominated clearly like you claim they would have put Australia in the mud before even the Carey wicket instead of leaving a margin of 54 runs.

for all the talk of clear favourites and domination you would think they had a wide margin like Australia in Kolkata 2001 in that 1st innings but Australia trailed by only 7 runs after losing the toss on a flat pitch in the 1st innings. only metric by which you guys dominated was the run rate which also means risking more overs for your bowlers without proper support which is something only Molehill seems to understand as bad in this place among England fans

im sure you would beat us in England anyway since you keep thinking im an Aussie fan, im an Indian fan lmao
Only you talk about domination. No one else , you feeling ok?

it’s only opinion dear chap. Don’t have a conorary