• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The build up to the 1st test was the same on here - the Aussies go in to full Billy Big Bollocks mode, predicting all sorts of carnage.

We had all the talk that we won't score quickly against their bowlers - but we did.

They're batting line up would murder our bowling - they didn't.

They would win on day 3 and be golfing on days 4 and 5 - they weren't.

Everyone on here knows that the 1st test was close and that England should have won.

But we didn't and we've licked our wounds and we're back for round 2.

And if we perform to our usual standard, it'll be another close game but hopefully, we'll get the breaks in this test that we didn't get in the 1st.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If defeat comes will you still be Burgey big bollocks ? Or slink away crying of cheating and conspiracy ?
Mate I know I haven’t posted at quite your rate, but I have made 90,000 plus of them and been on here since 2006, win or lose. You can safely assume that in the unlikely event that happens, I’ll still be here. Unless I’m at 35,000 feet or somewhere in the Adriatic and out of range.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The build up to the 1st test was the same on here - the Aussies go in to full Billy Big Bollocks mode, predicting all sorts of carnage.

We had all the talk that we won't score quickly against their bowlers - but we did.

Everyone on here knows that the 1st test was close and that England should have won.

And if we perform to our usual standard, it'll be another close game but hopefully, we'll get the breaks in this test that we didn't get in the 1st.
Ya ****ing lost champion

1-0 soon to be 2-0

CartyDurham

International Captain
Mate I know I haven’t posted at quite your rate, but I have made 90,000 plus of them and been on here since 2006, win or lose. You can safely assume that in the unlikely event that happens, I’ll still be here. Unless I’m at 35,000 feet or somewhere in the Adriatic and out of range.
Only 90000. I’m over the 100000 on another forum and similarly started in 2006

lightweight . Good to know though .

CartyDurham

International Captain

I’m with you here. A win would be sweet. I’m hoping a bit of cheating and controversy helps England win as that would be all the sweeter

im praying that dibbly dobbly Boland plays. Six an over in this test off him

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I'm surprised a bit by the Tongue selection, he really has come from nowhere.

He bowled decently enough against Ireland but no more than that and not well enough to leapfrog the likes of Woakes and Potts.

Presumably they like what they see and maybe he's been tearing it up in the nets.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I’m with you here. A win would be sweet. I’m hoping a bit of cheating and controversy helps England win as that would be all the sweeter

im praying that dibbly dobbly Boland plays. Six an over in this test off him
I think if Boland does play, we'll find it trickier in this test, I don't see us scoring more than about 5 an over off him this time. 😄

Socerer 01

International Captain
When we got Carey out, Australia still needed 54 to win with only 2 wickets left.

All your main batsmen were out and even many Aussies on here were concerned pre match about the length of your tail.

We were clear favourites at that point so we can beat you on a flat pitch.

I'm not carried away about how we play etc or that we're gallant losers etc but I do think the 1st test showed that we can beat you.

I know you'll point to key players not performing, that you were under par.

But so were we.

You won the 1st test - well played. But it was a very close game and we go into the rest of the series in good shape.
that Carey wicket is one of those some instances i mentioned. im just amused by this narrative of England domination all test and then them losing at the very end due to some freak miracle like it was Lara against Australia, Perera against South Africa or Stokes at Headingley. it wasn’t, if England dominated clearly like you claim they would have put Australia in the mud before even the Carey wicket instead of leaving a margin of 54 runs.

for all the talk of clear favourites and domination you would think they had a wide margin like Australia in Kolkata 2001 in that 1st innings but Australia trailed by only 7 runs after losing the toss on a flat pitch in the 1st innings. only metric by which you guys dominated was the run rate which also means risking more overs for your bowlers without proper support which is something only Molehill seems to understand as bad in this place among England fans

im sure you would beat us in England anyway since you keep thinking im an Aussie fan, im an Indian fan lmao

Socerer 01

International Captain
Exactly how it happened . If stokes had hung on to that catch off lyon, it would have been a different result

england being totally written off by the experts on here , who can’t get over the word bazball

it’s fascinating
so your chances of a win relied on Stokes pulling off an absolute blinder off a catch against the opponent’s 10?

total domination clearly

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Can't believe they've picked Tongue. Wood or Potts would have been a better choice in my opinion.

I'm starting to worry.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Can't believe they've picked Tongue. Wood or Potts would have been a better choice in my opinion.

I'm starting to worry.
Wood is injured dude

if you pick Potts then you have 4 bowlers operating at the same speeds unless Potts bowls quicker than i know

is Tongue not quick?

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Wood is injured dude

if you pick Potts then you have 4 bowlers operating at the same speeds unless Potts bowls quicker than i know

is Tongue not quick?
Yeah there is a concern he may not have got through the 5 days,Stokes wants him fit for the third test at Headingley

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah someone posted earlier he wasn't ready for this test but expected to be ok for the third. I think if Woakes was to play he'd have replaced one of the guys who played the first test rather than be added, for the same reasons as Potts. He's got a good record at Lord's though.