• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes but when you’ve got Broad, Anderson, Robinson who thrive on pitches/conditions with something in them surely you can afford an alternative style just in case they don’t quite read the pitch accurately, which isn’t unheard of.

I actually think Tongue is slightly different, bit more aggressive, bit more pace, but we’re not talking Mark Wood point of difference.
He seems pretty skiddy from the little I saw of him unless I’ve it remembered incorrectly, which is a bit different to the others I guess?

Woodster

International Captain
He seems pretty skiddy from the little I saw of him unless I’ve it remembered incorrectly, which is a bit different to the others I guess?
He’s a big, tall lad who can get it through. Wouldn’t necessarily say ‘skiddy’ from what I remember of him, not in the Wood way. Made good use of the Lords pitch against Ireland, obviously different proposition this week!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s always good when someone new gets a gig. Adds extra interest for me, especially if it’s a quick. Both the attacks have been known quantities for the most part til now

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
No Moeen🤣 tomorrow

England: 1. Ben Duckett, 2. Zak Crawley, 3. Ollie Pope, 4. Joe Root, 5. Harry Brook, 6. Ben Stokes (capt), 7. Jonathan Bairstow (wk), 8. Stuart Broad, 9. Ollie Robinson, 10. 😄Josh Tongue, 11. James Anderson

Socerer 01

International Captain
No Moeen🤣 tomorrow

England: 1. Ben Duckett, 2. Zak Crawley, 3. Ollie Pope, 4. Joe Root, 5. Harry Brook, 6. Ben Stokes (capt), 7. Jonathan Bairstow (wk), 8. Stuart Broad, 9. Ollie Robinson, 10. 😄Josh Tongue, 11. James Anderson
bro why you laughing at him missing out because he injured his finger

CartyDurham

International Captain
Is England spooked?

What happened to Stokes naming their side 2 days before the match as per Bazball normal
England XI: Crawley, Duckett, Pope, Root, Brook, Stokes, Bairstow, Broad, Robinson, Tongue, Anderson.

timezone differences

CartyDurham

International Captain
That's why I previously said "if he's even required". I mean, england were so sure of themselves a week ago - Stokes wanted flat decks, he was saying what his side would be several days out. Now they're thinking of seaming decks and aren't sure what their team will be. The bubble's burst. #spooked
Burgey, you can say it all you want but it ain’t reality.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Smith made 120 two weeks ago on a dodgy. Marnus looks like crap, for sure. Lyon will get turn on a seaming pitch. Just more on days one and two than maybe four and five.

In relation to the batting, you ignore Travis "FAFO" Head at your peril on seaming decks.

As I've said, it's done no matter the surface. The more in the deck, the greater the gulf in class. Aus will be having a hit of golf on day four while england have back to back net sessions to try and salvage something out of the wreckage.
You play for bites don’t you? Might as well call the series off, Burgey has spoke

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
if your metric for being ahead is being ahead on the run rate then yes sure England were ahead but other than in some instances they were not truly ahead of Australia. one thing that the media spin has done successfully is paint a picture of England losing like prime Barcelona while dominating the match for nearly every moment when it isn’t true

its the same logic as the claims of Australia being spooked by Bazball from ball 1 when they just played according to a plan

your bowling weakness becomes worse on flat pitches compared to theirs becoming better, no amount of spin on that will change it
When we got Carey out, Australia still needed 54 to win with only 2 wickets left.

All your main batsmen were out and even many Aussies on here were concerned pre match about the length of your tail.

We were clear favourites at that point so we can beat you on a flat pitch.

I'm not carried away about how we play etc or that we're gallant losers etc but I do think the 1st test showed that we can beat you.

I know you'll point to key players not performing, that you were under par.

But so were we.

You won the 1st test - well played. But it was a very close game and we go into the rest of the series in good shape.

CartyDurham

International Captain
When we got Carey out, Australia still needed 54 to win with only 2 wickets left.

All your main batsmen were out and even many Aussies on here were concerned pre match about the length of your tail.

We were clear favourites at that point so we can beat you on a flat pitch.

I'm not carried away about how we play etc or that we're gallant losers etc but I do think the 1st test showed that we can beat you.

I know you'll point to key players not performing, that you were under par.

But so were we.

You won the 1st test - well played. But it was a very close game and we go into the rest of the series in good shape.
Exactly how it happened . If stokes had hung on to that catch off lyon, it would have been a different result

england being totally written off by the experts on here , who can’t get over the word bazball

it’s fascinating

CartyDurham

International Captain
He’s crap Burgey. Any batsman facing him should be guaranteed ten an over. A team of quality like Australia should take him apart

I’ve heard prior to this game, England will be on their knees bowing to the greatest team the world has ever seen

we are overwhelmed with how they destroyed England in the first test

CartyDurham

International Captain
No, they’ll asses the conditions on the morning of the match and decide which of the bowlers they’ll play, taking into account the forecast and the opposing line up.

You know, like grown ups.
I see. grown ups :laugh: Or indecisive Fannie’s? Hope that dibbly dobbly Boland plays with the keeper up and fielders around the boundary

very grown up terrified play