• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

halba

International 12th Man
Boland looks really ordinary on these wickets. He places the ball hoping for seam movement- which never arrives on this dead track. Neser is a better bet- he can atleast swing the ball. Starc - will be even more expensive.

It looks like only Rain can save this test- it will likely be a draw as rain forecast tomorrow and england will atleast want 300

Spark

Global Moderator
Boland looks really ordinary on these wickets. He places the ball hoping for seam movement- which never arrives on this dead track. Neser is a better bet- he can atleast swing the ball.
This is not how swing works.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Boland looks really ordinary on these wickets. He places the ball hoping for seam movement- which never arrives on this dead track. Neser is a better bet- he can atleast swing the ball.
Jokes aside, am sure he will learn from days like these. All young bowlers have them

the big bambino

International Captain
Thanks. It’s just amazing with him bowling fast and within two overs the keeper comes up. Don’t think in tests matches that happens within two overs of the start of play at the time 40 odd for 2
Unusual response to unusual tactics I think. England went the charge on Boland in the first dig (Vaughan predicted they would before the match) and I guess this is the response to keep them back in the crease.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There are people on cricinfo talking about how Australia should counter this sort of batting, which seems a huge over-reaction to me as we're talking about two expensive overs this morning (off the bat, anyway). Presumably Cummins will just tell his guys to hold their nerve and wait for the mistake.