• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Spark

Global Moderator
There are people on cricinfo talking about how Australia should counter this sort of batting, which seems a huge over-reaction to me as we're talking about two expensive overs this morning (off the bat, anyway). Presumably Cummins will just tell his guys to hold their nerve and wait for the mistake.
First step is to bowl way better. Once again we're bowling too full and too straight, we can hardly complain about leaking runs galore in that case.

halba

International 12th Man
Hazlewood injured again *sigh* Starc 12th on the field for Haze...is this a joke? Hazlewood is 1 test back after over 6 months and cant even bowl in the 2nd inn! Bye bye aussie this test!

CartyDurham

International Captain
There are people on cricinfo talking about how Australia should counter this sort of batting, which seems a huge over-reaction to me as we're talking about two expensive overs this morning (off the bat, anyway). Presumably Cummins will just tell his guys to hold their nerve and wait for the mistake.
That’s what you would hope for but this has bamboozled most of world cricket and even more so in English conditions

the indians and saffers last summer especially

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Third man/ fly slip should always have been in this series with the way they go so hard at the ball. Different sort of reasons on this pitch, more a run saver, but should still be there imo

CartyDurham

International Captain
Unusual response to unusual tactics I think. England went the charge on Boland in the first dig (Vaughan predicted they would before the match) and I guess this is the response to keep them back in the crease.
It makes sense. I personally thought Starc should have played. His left arm delivery would have been very handy today

71 for 2 , lead 78

CartyDurham

International Captain
Third man/ fly slip should always have been in this series with the way they go so hard at the ball. Different sort of reasons on this pitch, more a run saver, but should still be there imo
Did you see in the Aussie innings , England had a fielder virtually behind the keeper on the boundary

it’s definitely not test match cricket I grew up with in the 70s and 80s

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
2023 Joe Root probably only rivalled by 2014/15 AB de Villiers in making the audacious look regulation in the last decade or so. Not even Pant made it look so easy.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Could I ask my soccer team have just signed an Australian player

Sunderland AFC is delighted to announce that an agreement has been reached with Central Coast Mariners for the transfer of Nectarios Triantis.

anyone seen him play

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hazlewood injured again *sigh* Starc 12th on the field for Haze...is this a joke? Hazlewood is 1 test back after over 6 months and cant even bowl in the 2nd inn! Bye bye aussie this test!
Hazlewood is on the field.