• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’ve drank Guinness straight from the can in needs just times and still enjoyed it. I do love the stuff though

Molehill

International Captain
Ended up losing a lot of sleep to watch that Brook/Root masterclass. I wonder what the record is for fewest Tests needed to get to Number 1 in the rankings? The boy is an absolute star.

No idea what NZ were doing though. Surely in a must win Test you pick a side to take 20 wickets. The toss got them 3, not sure how they get the other 17. Wagner bowling short stuff is just parody cricket now, especially to two guys who play it well anyway. The only thing that can prevent another England win will be the weather.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just another case of England being superb & NZ utterly miserable.

Fancy going in with 2 opening bowlers, a 2023-standard Wagner & Mitchell as your pacers after winning the toss and bowling.

I notice nobody's surprised our selectors didn't make the necessary changes every cricket fan in the world sees.

On England, this Brook kid is something else & the only elephant in the room for them is Crawley who has to be replaced by Bairstow for the Ashes which means for me opening with Pope for a formidable top 6 of;

Duckett
Pope
Root
Brook
Bairstow
Stokes

Shady Slim

International Coach
pretty happy for joe root, on account of it must be frustrating to see some absolute monglers scoring big big runs playing hack cricket while you as the man who carried the batting lineup through all the dreadful years haven't quite perfectly fit into this new style. crawley with a typical effort as well wonderfully

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I watched the 1st session and thought after a tough start, when NZ bowled and caught well, we did well to recover.

I woke up this morning, stunned to see that Brook had reached 184 and even more so given the fact only 60 overs were bowled in the day.

When I first came on this site a few months back, I said that Brook was the future of English cricket.

Quite a few people disagreed, which was understandable, if you'd not seen much of him.

However, even I didn't expect the sort of figures he's putting together at the moment and the speed at which he scores - I've been watching cricket for a long time and I've not seen any other English player start his career like this - he's been truly unbelievable.

Of course it's early days in his career and he still has a lot to prove but he's the best England batting prospect I've ever seen.