• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Essexboi

Cricket Spectator
This whole thing is so weird. Every ball is an event. Look at Wagner’s ER and they’re going along with it because this is how they can get wickets.
There are so many free runs available, please don't give your wicket away to clubbies. It's working but I'm so conflicted....Help!!

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
There are so many free runs available, please don't give your wicket away to clubbies. It's working but I'm so conflicted....Help!!
I know what you mean. On this pitch against this attack with an in-form batting lineup there was 550 there for us.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They're already up to about 'minimum defendable lead' territory.

Pitch is pretty flat though. Probably need to set 300+ before you're more likely than not to defend it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Find it a bit weird that after bowling 4 beautiful overs featuring multiple plays and misses and inside edges Southee’s taken himself off and opted for the hope that England throw it away against short trash.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Find it a bit weird that after bowling 4 beautiful overs featuring multiple plays and misses and inside edges Southee’s taken himself off and opted that England throw it away against short trash.
Is it positive because you're prepared to give away runs to get the wicket, or negative because you've decided not to even try plan A?

nzfan

I have to admit England are very exciting to watch while we are not... having to watch short ball after short ball on a dead deck with 5 on the leg side is quite boring to watch.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tickner and Kuggeleijn are a nice throwback to mid-late 2000s NZ bowling quality. Tickner's action reminds me of Iain Obrien a bit. They've had it good with Southee and Boult being there for a decade.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
What is the most changes ever to a NZ test team (not counting tests played either side of WW2 etc)?

I live in hope that 5 players will be dropped for Wellington: Nicholls, Bracewell, Kugggleijn, Wagner, and Tickner.
Probably that time we toured Pakistan iirc when we probably should not have gone, and I think Warren McSkimming et al debuted. Or was that just ODI cricket?

Edit: McSkimming never made the national team. I think I'm thinking of Kerry Walmsley

nzfan

Bowlers have barely bowled any overs, they must be physically fresh but mentally shot. Why don't we set fields like t20 and bowl like t20?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Iain O'Brien was much better than those two.
Yeah. I see what he means about action, but Tickner looks to me like he's not really close to O'Briens accuracy, as well as not moving the ball much. I'm not sure what he normally adds in FC cricket, on this impression.