• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Brook backing away and thumping the short balls over mid on and mid off... Fleming reckons Wagner is tired but then Wagner has only bowled like 11 overs so far.

BazBall21

I think we will still win, but batting this way has probably made it a contest when it doesn't need to be. There’s 600 for us here against this attack on this pitch with an in-form batting lineup.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Wagner's linkedin will say his career ended in 2023 after this match

Was good while it lasted

nzfan

Gets the 100 with a 6 :innocent: Got there at 10 RPO... a bit too expensive even for t20 let alone test cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
Tickner and Kuggeleijn are a nice throwback to mid-late 2000s NZ bowling quality. Tickner's action reminds me of Iain Obrien a bit. They've had it good with Southee and Boult being there for a decade.
O'Brien was better than these guys.

But yes it has been good these two are 30+ averaging FC journeymen rather than test prospects like they would have been 20 years back.

I have no idea why they've been given the opportunity. They're not good. We've established this in domestics.

I know we've been on about it all game but Stead and Larsen are unbelievable. Selection isn't hard and in this case, neither was avoiding controversy.

Jobs for the boys all round. Jobs for the boys. He's from good stock.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah. I see what he means about action, but Tickner looks to me like he's not really close to O'Briens accuracy, as well as not moving the ball much. I'm not sure what he normally adds in FC cricket, on this impression.
Bounce and fitness. CD bowlers you might recognise over the years include Adam Milne and Ben Wheeler. Doug Bracewell and Ajaz aside, it's hard to keep guys fit for that team.

He's also been a project for a while and tbf, has had some good seasons and is reliable in white ball cricket now for CD. He's okay, does a job and I love his style and general vibe. I support him in green.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Bowlers have barely bowled any overs, they must be physically fresh but mentally shot. Why don't we set fields like t20 and bowl like t20?
Totally agree, seems like playing Test cricket against England now, you need to set ODI/T20 fields and bowl accordingly.