• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Its not supposed to matter. I think Wilson went with the older interpretation but there has been a recent rule change. The soft signal is only supposed to be taken into account if they dont get the right camera angles or if there are technical glitches and you dont get the replays. That sort of thing. As long as you get a reasonable amount of angles, the 3rd umpire is basically expected to make their own call.

The rule change is good. Just think Wilson ****ed up interpreting it properly.
Reminds me of a recent Associate JAMODI where they couldn't give out on an attempted run out because the square leg umpire was obstructing the side on view of the crease.

Spark

Global Moderator
Still has nosebleeds at 7,but no one can falter the way he has taken the job on. Plays a few rash shots here and there but gives it his all.
Jansen and Nortje can definitely hold their heads up high after this tour. Jansen hasn't taken the poles and ran out of gas, but he's always put in a shift and looked threatening at various sides, certainly more than any of the batsmen or more experienced bowlers (again, Nortje aside) have.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jansen and Nortje can definitely hold their heads up high after this tour. Jansen hasn't taken the poles and ran out of gas, but he's always put in a shift and looked threatening at various sides, certainly more than any of the batsmen or more experienced bowlers (again, Nortje aside) have.
It was also stupid why Elgar almost never uses him with the new ball when it was clear from the Ind-SA series that it is his best skill.

halba

International 12th Man
I think he was injured. But they did play 4 seamers and Ngidi was always first change after Rabada and Jansen. Dunno what made them reconsider this.
strange they are so poor down under. village. same ball is used as in SAF- kookaburra.
after 1st test totally ran out of gas. and poor selection this game, maharaj with hammer. Maharaj triple figures with 1 wicket this series..atleast his wife is the best part of him.lol..Maharaj selection kills two birds with 1 stone, 1 he is technically a 'coloured' player despite being of very fair skinned indian origin, and 2, he is their best left armer spinner(overall figures)

Another quota filling selection. others include Zondo, Bavuma, and Ngidi in prior tests.

1673090877075.png

Attachments

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking at today's scorecard, perhaps Zondo is meeting the quota of having at least one bloke who knows which end of the bat to hold.
Not the first time he's top-scored in this series iirc.
His 81 runs across 5 innings is the third highest aggregate among these South African tourists...

Coronis

International Coach
Yeah I have had no idea why Agar was picked. I have no idea why Boland was dropped either, I thought it was perfect timing that Starc got injured with Haze coming back so that there was no issue selection wise. Still we have a decent chance to win this.

cricman

International 12th Man
Only if you view individual milestones as being more important than trying to win the game.
Odds of getting a result with 10 less minutes wouldn't have changed.

It says to me Australia don't think their good enough to get a result in India to confirm their spot in the WTC final.