• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It’s says a lot that Bavuma looked the most assured SA batsmen… and then gets out in such a Bavuma way.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Klassas has a much better FC average than the others and seems like he bats a bit lower down the order domestically, still think he's worth persisting with once rickelton comes back and goes to 3.
Klaasen is a good cricketer. Was silly to ask him to come in at 3. No issues selecting guys who average almost 50 domestically to play test cricket. Issue is the likes of Zondo who just about average 30 to play at this level.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Zondo's actually a decent player of spin. He should be looking to score some runs here as opposed to facing 90 balls and getting out for 25.

halba

International 12th Man
Aus won't win a single game in India. The spinners are not good enough. Zondo is killing them. Agar is village as other posters have said.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
“I think it’d be pretty harsh if he bowled straight away. I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Khawaja told reporters after the 26th washed-out day of Test cricket at the SCG. “He’s been making a few jokes … just walking around [and saying] ‘I’ve let Deano [Elgar] know that we want to go out and have a bowl straight away’. He’s been in the change room taking the mickey out of me.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
This is actually spot on the money. Usman has been a revelation since slotting into the ashes series last year, and as someone up thread said it's
amazing that just over a year ago Marcus Harris started off that series. Not sure what his figures are exactly in the last year but must be outstanding.
I'm sure it's not going to happen because it's probably not even in contention, but I reckon he'd be the man for the job for Australia at this years world
cup in India. In his last ODI series there his 5 scores were 50, 38, 104, 91, 100 so the Indian conditions would suit him well.
Not up to scratch whether he even wants to play or if he only plays test cricket now, but it's a shame for Australia because looking at those figures and
his current form, you'd have to think he'd be the best man for the job.
He was highly rated over a decade ago. Probably underachieved considering the initial promise but atleast this late bloom happened.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looked like everyone accepted Zondo hit it and then they went to ball tracking. Bit strange that.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Zondo's actually a decent player of spin. He should be looking to score some runs here as opposed to facing 90 balls and getting out for 25.
Zondo is actually pretty decent against spin and on low bouncing wickets. He does play at Kingsmead for his home games and it has been a spin friendly wicket for a while now. No shock that he looked the most assured at the crease in this match. Great Ball by Cummins though! What a bowler.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Klaasen is a good cricketer. Was silly to ask him to come in at 3. No issues selecting guys who average almost 50 domestically to play test cricket. Issue is the likes of Zondo who just about average 30 to play at this level.
Agreed on Klaasen. I'll never complain about him being in any international squad. But if he is playing Tests he has to be at 6/7. They can't move Zondo or Bavuma to 3 though,so he got the short end of the stick.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Phenomenal effort from the Australian quicks. Wicket is dead.
Lyon would need to do something tomorrow, as you can't risk having the quicks go flat-out for too long.