• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
My best Asian ODI team is

Sachin Tendulkar
Sanath Jayasuriya
Zaheer Abbas
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Muralitharan

Babar Azam, Rohit, Saqlain, Malinga, Shakib, Afridi, Anwar, Aravinda all hard done by and get into the second team.
Couple of changes:

Sachin Tendulkar
Sanath Jayasuriya Saeed Anwar
Zaheer Abbas
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh Inzamam Ul Haq
MS Dhoni
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Muralitharan

subshakerz

International Coach
I considered Ashwin ahead of Jadeja because Imran-Wasim-Ashwin is still a perfectly good 7-9... but having the second spinner turn it the other way to Murali seemed like a good idea, so as is often the case the answer is Jadeja.
Genuinely surprised nobody is considering Kumble as second spinner for the ATG XI. Not only do you have a leggie to Murali but he was more capable away. Not enough Kumble love among Indian fans here.

Runs at no.9 aren't going to matter as much as the difference in bowling quality. Pick your two best spinners!

subshakerz

International Coach
Gavaskar could score pretty quickly when required. He has quite a few very rapid innings against good attacks when he opened himself up. Obviously he wasnt Sehwag but he wasn't a Boycott either.
It would be great to see them playing Anderson and Broad in England, Gavaskar patiently seeing off the new ball at home and Sehwag wildly swinging away at the other end.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Genuinely surprised nobody is considering Kumble as second spinner for the ATG XI. Not only do you have a leggie to Murali but he was more capable away. Not enough Kumble love among Indian fans here.

Runs at no.9 aren't going to matter as much as the difference in bowling quality. Pick your two best spinners!
I'm not sure Kumble is better than Jadeja as a bowler to start with, even before we get into the added value of improving the #7.

subshakerz

International Coach
Couple of changes:

Sachin Tendulkar
Sanath Jayasuriya Saeed Anwar
Zaheer Abbas
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh Inzamam Ul Haq
MS Dhoni
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Muralitharan
Babar is averaging nearly 60 with almost 100 games under his belt. Also did well last WC 2019.

I think at this point we can say that he comfortably surpasses Inzi, Yuvi, Miandad, Desilva and Dravid for that loose middle order spot.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Kumble would be in contention as 5th bowler, who should be able to bat. Ashwin, Jadeja and Mankad are better options if we go with 3 pacers + 2 spinners attack.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
Test XI:

Sunil Gavaskar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Javed Miandad
Rishabh Pant
Imran Khan(C)
Wasim Akram
Anil Kumble
Waqar Younis
Muttiah Muralitharan

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samaraweera made 5K Test runs @ 50 too, he's a ridiculous inclusion in that list, but having someone who clearly doesn't belong but looked **** in Australia to give TJB a platform to troll was probably the point of him making the post anyway.
I thought we were doing ODI XIs, I only read the previous couple of posts

Sunil1z

International Regular
Was Inzamam a better ODI bat than Sangakkara, who I think was immense in his last 4 years ?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually consider Sanjay Bangar a decent enough Test player as well. Played the opening bat role solidly when India couldn't find anyone at the time and was a handy seam bowling option for a spin-heavy side

Sunil1z

International Regular
Sometimes a LHB completely breaks the momentum of bowling team and captain has to make lots of adjustments to his bowling plan.