• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

aussie tragic

International Captain
I think the Queensland Government is equally stupid here btw. The only guys who have acted sensibly have been CA and its so unfair that they are the ones with everything to lose here. Hopefully saner heads in the BCCI and the team prevail.
Why do you keep thinking CA and BCCI arrangements overrule government pandemic health rules. Enough of this crap.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They have provided exemption to enter the State when others can't and they have advised players can mingle in the hotel the same as Sydney hotel
Exactly. They can provide more (not saying they should). It's not about CA-BCCI arrangements overruling anything.

cnerd123

likes this
Question really is does Queensland stand to gain enough from this Test going ahead to justify the exemptions.

If CA can't make alternate arrangements, will the Indian players just suck it up and get on with it?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why do you keep thinking CA and BCCI arrangements overrule government pandemic health rules. Enough of this crap.
hahaha... to act as if public will be endangered by a group playing professional sports in a bio bubble and also when said group has been repeatedly tested and has been part of a bio bubble for weeks previous, is stupid. Its just posturing for politics and literally nothing else.

There is literally zero medical evidence that suggests there is any risk in these players moving their biobubble over to Brisbane.

If these statements of fact feels like crap to you, better work on yourself.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Question really is does Queensland stand to gain enough from this Test going ahead to justify the exemptions.

If CA can't make alternate arrangements, will the Indian players just suck it up and get on with it?
I am guessing this new lockdown changes the game somewhat. Lets see what transpires but there should be good odds on Sydney hosting the next test too, in which case, the players will need not hotel quarantine either.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Pant is so annoying, Dhoni had once said about Sreesanth in a press conference that "if he wants to annoy someone, it should be the opposition, not his own team". I bet he would have said the same about Pant. Trying to imitate Dhoni, he is constantly giving advice from behind the stumps to Ash and Jaddu who are way more experienced than him and know exactly what to do. Also, he is more focused on sledging (which he is terrible at) than actually keeping.

stephen

hahaha... to act as if public will be endangered by a group playing professional sports in a bio bubble and also when said group has been repeatedly tested and has been part of a bio bubble for weeks previous, is stupid. Its just posturing for politics and literally nothing else.

There is literally zero medical evidence that suggests there is any risk in these players moving their biobubble over to Brisbane.

If these statements of fact feels like crap to you, better work on yourself.
We're locking down our entire city over a single case. One case. The Indian cricket team can suck it up and act like grown ups. We do not want covid in our state and people crossing the border from hotspots is literally in the top 3 most dangerous things we can do.

Nobody else from Sydney is allowed here. The cricket teams are getting special exemptions so they can continue to make a living. Be grateful.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We're locking down our entire city over a single case. One case. The Indian cricket team can suck it up and act like grown ups. We do not want covid in our state and people crossing the border from hotspots is literally in the top 3 most dangerous things we can do.

Nobody else from Sydney is allowed here. The cricket teams are getting special exemptions so they can continue to make a living. Be grateful.
you don't understand or you do not care to understand the concept of bio-bubbles, repeated tests and you wanna choose jingoistic rhetoric over actual meaningful conversation on the actual risk in allowing the players to move over their bubble to a different city, which is basicaly zero at this point. Fine, that is your choice.

There is nothing to be grateful about for anyone involved here though. The players have come there leaving behind their family and someone has not even gone back home to say goodbye to his father. The Indian players are there trying to ensure people in your cricketing ecosystem make a living, not there trying to ensure their living.

But I can see perception of reality goes out the window for you the moment political jingoism starts and I can kinda see why your Government, like any other political party, is inclined to play up said jingoism.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
eh, they're hardly there out of the goodness of their hearts
You think the Queensland Government gave permission from the goodness of their hearts?

And to be honest, as far as any cricket is concerned right now, it is one board doing a favor to another. Right now BCCI are doing a favor to CA and later ECB are doing a favor to us.

cnerd123

likes this
eh, they're hardly there out of the goodness of their hearts
actually push come to shove the CA needed this tour to meet their financial obligations more than the BCCI does. They were really struggling financially due to COVID, while the BCCI is coming off a record-breaking IPL

Obv it's not ideal for the BCCI to sour their relationship with the broadcasters and CA, so I assume they'll do everything they can to make the 4th test happens. But it's more likely they get their way than not.

stephen

you don't understand or you do not care to understand the concept of bio-bubbles, repeated tests and you wanna choose jingoistic rhetoric over actual meaningful conversation on the actual risk in allowing the players to move over their bubble to a different city, which is basicaly zero at this point. Fine, that is your choice.

There is nothing to be grateful about for anyone involved here though. The players have come there leaving behind their family and someone has not even gone back home to say goodbye to his father. The Indian players are there trying to ensure people in your cricketing ecosystem make a living, not there trying to ensure their living.

But I can see perception of reality goes out the window for you the moment political jingoism starts and I can kinda see why your Government, like any other political party, is inclined to play up said jingoism.
I understand perfectly well the concept of bio bubbles. And to be quite frank I strongly disagree with most of what the Queensland government does.

But the Indian side isn't "in jail". They're in 5 star hotels for a week. Hotel living isn't ideal but they have plenty of human company, moreso than those in quarantine returning from overseas.

We've already seen that the Indian team have broken the bubble rules once already. Why should the Queensland government, who have gone out of their way to provide the Indian side with special exemptions to cross the border and have the whole run of their hotel. What more do they want?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@cnerd123 - I am thinking this new case and associated 3 day lockdown gives both boards an easy out.

I dunno if BCCI intended to push around CA at the last minute with this objection or they were just doing it to pacify the set of the team who are finding the restrictions tough. I hope it is the latter as it will be an understandable thing, even if it is rather silly. But I suspect it is the former and that is just so unfair on CA. Its silly to feel bad for a board but that is where we are at right now. CA have done nothing wrong and are being put in a spot through no fault of their own. Ideally, the test in Brisbane goes ahead and the BCCI and the players just suck it up and put up with the hotel quarantine.

stephen

That should have been given btw. It certainly would have been instantly at any level below test level. Drs changes things.

cnerd123

likes this
That should have been given btw. It certainly would have been instantly at any level below test level. Drs changes things.
wrong thread but nah. Got to be a brave umpire to give that. It wasn't obvious that the ball was hitting offstump. Umpires call on impact, benefit of doubt goes to batsman, not out.

Reactions: vcs

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We've already seen that the Indian team have broken the bubble rules once already.
Lol.. there has not been any proof that it was a breach yet as there has been no proof that it was part of the conditions given and either way, if they went in for rain, it is an acceptable action, even if you are to be extremely literal of the rules, if that is what was agreed upon.

And CA have rented out the hotel, not the Queensland Government. The Queensland Government have literally done nothing here except relax the mandatory quarantine rules to allow the players to move to the ground and play. And to me, based on available medical evidence, it is silly to impose these strict restrictions when you know the risk is pretty much non-existent that any of these players have the virus and have already been in a bio-bubble since entering the country and serving the mandatory two week quarantine and been tested multiple times. That is just obvious.

stephen

Lol.. there has not been any proof that it was a breach yet as there has been no proof that it was part of the conditions given and either way, if they went in for rain, it is an acceptable action, even if you are to be extremely literal of the rules, if that is what was agreed upon.

And CA have rented out the hotel, not the Queensland Government. The Queensland Government have literally done nothing here except relax the mandatory quarantine rules to allow the players to move to the ground and play. And to me, based on available medical evidence, it is silly to impose these strict restrictions when you know the risk is pretty much non-existent that any of these players have the virus and have already been in a bio-bubble since entering the country and serving the mandatory two week quarantine and been tested multiple times. That is just obvious.
No it's not in any way obvious. The Queensland government treats anybody coming into the state with the same level of caution.

It only takes one case to act like a super spreader and that's the last thing we want.

It's a huge overreaction from the Indian side who obviously don't want to play at an unfavourable ground.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's a huge overreaction from the Indian side who obviously don't want to play at an unfavourable ground.
Talk of overreaction :laugh:

Leaving the crappy jingoistic nonsense-lies of your last line of that post, the reality is that you clearly have no idea what a biobubble and a bio-secure environment is and you dont seem to have much grasp of what the virus actually is and how it is managed anywhere.

For the last time, each of these players have been in known places, not come in contact with anyone outside the bubble and have been managed this way for more than 1.5months now, and tested multiple times. If you think all of that means nothing, it shows why your Government chooses jingoistic nonsense over scientific advice for covid policy. Seems to work with their target demo. :)