• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And just to make it clear again, I am blaming the BCCI equally and in fact, more, right now. Coz they had no right to agree to all this 10 days ago and then suddenly say "nah, we cant". That is just stupid. I honestly think the test should be considered a forfeit if it is deemed safe enough to play there and test does not happen only coz of the BCCI and whoever in the Indian team is finding it tough. No way should CA be penalized for it in any way. And neither should the Australian Team.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Talk of overreaction :laugh:

Leaving the crappy jingoistic nonsense-lies of your last line of that post, the reality is that you clearly have no idea what a biobubble and a bio-secure environment is and you dont seem to have much grasp of what the virus actually is and how it is managed anywhere.

For the last time, each of these players have been in known places, not come in contact with anyone outside the bubble and have been managed this way for more than 1.5months now, and tested multiple times. If you think all of that means nothing, it shows why your Government chooses jingoistic nonsense over scientific advice for covid policy. Seems to work with their target demo. :)
I'll take the words and opinions of the chief medical officer of a state that has had one case of covid in the last 4 months over the opinion of a random forum goer or cricket coach thank you very much, no matter how honest you claim to be.

We have definitive proof that Indian players came into contact with the general Sydney population by the way. There was a big scandal about it or don't you follow the news? So either the bubble isn't bio secure or the definition of bio secure you're using is different to mine.

Window

U19 Debutant
Australia has managed COVID19 extremely well. The Melbourne outbreak shows how easily things can get out control, the consequences for which are literally deaths. I totally understand being over rather than under cautious on this matter. As an Indian cricket fan, I'm quite disappointed by the players' response here. The COVID situation was always going to be fluid. They need to get over it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't see the issue with the QLD government's position.

From their perspective, they have no oversight of how secure this bio bubble actually is. What's worse is they've been seeing reports of breaches in the news which would put doubt in their minds.

When you travel between states there's also chances for infection.

Perfectly reasonable for a state with no cases to be extremely cautious. Imagine the uproar if there's an outbreak because of an exception they make.

Is it being overly careful? Probably. Is it "stupid"? No.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'll take the words and opinions of the chief medical officer of a state that has had one case of covid in the last 4 months over the opinion of a random forum goer or cricket coach thank you very much, no matter how honest you claim to be.

We have definitive proof that Indian players came into contact with the general Sydney population by the way. There was a big scandal about it or don't you follow the news? So either the bubble isn't bio secure or the definition of bio secure you're using is different to mine.

Show me the proof. But its obvious you are talking out of your ass here as the second para is definitely not true. And having only one case in 4 months does not mean you know much about the virus. As a matter of fact, it is far more likely you know next to nothing.

And I am not giving an opinion here, I am talking about facts, which you will continue to disregard, as it does not suit your argument.

harsh.ag

It is clear that the teams don't have covid cases now, given the frequent testing they go through.

However, it is fair if the QLD govt does want them in quarantine mode. Plus you get an entire hotel to yourself and you get to practice.

Not really something to complain about, even if you've been in quarantine mode for a long time as these guys have. Obviously easier for the Aussie players, but that's what it is.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
From their perspective, they have no oversight of how secure this bio bubble actually is. What's worse is they've been seeing reports of breaches in the news which would put doubt in their minds.
You mean a state Government interacting with a national sports body and finding out what sort of protocols were followed and understanding what the risks are, before deciding what sort of exemption should be provided?

If you think Governments should make decisions based on rumors and unverified reports, then sure. But I tend to think Governments have an obligation to go by facts and scientific advice.

harsh.ag

This doesn't mean anything though right now. They all tested negative.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is clear that the teams don't have covid cases now, given the frequent testing they go through.

However, it is fair if the QLD govt does want them in quarantine mode. Plus you get an entire hotel to yourself and you get to practice.

Not really something to complain about, even if you've been in quarantine mode for a long time as these guys have. Obviously easier for the Aussie players, but that's what it is.
I dont even think that is the point. It is fine to complain if you think it affects your mental health, but it should have been done formally and much earlier than it has been. Which is the irritating thing here, the fact that BCCI waited till this last moment to pull the rug from under CA.

aussie tragic

International Captain
You mean a state Government interacting with a national sports body and finding out what sort of protocols were followed and understanding what the risks are, before deciding what sort of exemption should be provided?

If you think Governments should make decisions based on rumors and unverified reports, then sure. But I tend to think Governments have an obligation to go by facts and scientific advise.
You are just proving what a lot of us now think about the Indian cricket team. You think you know better than health officials and deserve special treatment because you for some reason think we must see the Indian cricket team play. Couldn't give a crap anymore, 2020/21 Indian team will now go down as the biggest pack of arrogant self-entitled whingers I've ever seen in 43 years of watching cricket.

Oh yeah, please send some Indian health officials to Australia. Apparently we are struggling with Covid and need India's expertise because our government and health officials don't know how to deal with it.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You are just proving what a lot of us now think about the Indian cricket team. You think you know better than health officials and deserve special treatment because you for some reason think we must see the Indian cricket team play. Couldn't give a crap anymore, 2020/21 Indian team will now go down as the biggest pack of arrogant self-entitled whingers I've ever seen in 43 years of watching cricket.

Oh, please send some Indian health officials to Australia. Apparently we are struggling with Covid and need India's expertise because our government and health officials don't know how to deal with Covid, or international sports bodies who know better.

:laugh: I like how you think you speak for others. And keep the rest of your jingoistic crap to yourself. None of what you posted here has any relevance or fact and sadly, it has proven you are incapable of posting beyond this idiocy.

harsh.ag

Oh yeah, please send some Indian health officials to Australia. Apparently we are struggling with Covid and need India's expertise because our government and health officials don't know how to deal with it.
You really should stop speaking for other people and organizations, given your aversion to whinges.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You really should stop speaking for other people and organizations, given your aversion to whinges.
Ironic too, given his posting.

Anyways, on second thought, I think I should edit the word stupid as that is too harsh, with respect to the Queensland Government. I think they are being too stubborn and I think it explains the situation better.

Definitely blame BCCI for this more than anyone else, even the players who have apparently raised this issue. If the Government has laid out the rules, then that is that, whether anyone agrees or not. And this was known for a while and to raise the issue now is just stupid, at best.