• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Racism on display there from noted ball-tampering cheat Rahul Dravid.

Him being appointed captain after getting done ball tampering was probably the first insight into the crooked moral compass of the modern BCCI

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Racism on display there from noted ball-tampering cheat Rahul Dravid.

Him being appointed captain after getting done ball tampering was probably the first insight into the crooked moral compass of the modern BCCI
yeah its a shame that every indian player from that generation didn't try to emulate kumble more tbh

Tom Flint

International Regular
When else was rahane dropped in the first innings of the last test and who by?
I can only remember the one off travis head at the end of day 2 after he had already tonned up.
One also went through 3rd slip but there was only one slip in so wasnt really a chance?

aussie tragic

International Captain
When else was rahane dropped in the first innings of the last test and who by?
I can only remember the one off travis head at the end of day 2 after he had already tonned up.
One also went through 3rd slip but there was only one slip in so wasnt really a chance?
Dropped on 74 and 104 (nicked through vacant 1st slip on 57)

91.3 Starc to Rahane, no run
Oh, dear! Another dropped chance. Travis Head puts down the chance diving forward from gully. Snorter of a short ball that pings Rahane on the glove as he looks away, it lobs enough for the fielder to run in and get to the ball, but Head grassed it as his elbows touched the turf. How costly will that prove to be?

80.3 Starc to Rahane, 1 run
Dropped at second slip by Steven Smith! This one burst through his hands. Rahane jams his bat down to squeeze a full delivery through point, the ball flew off the thick edge. How costly will that prove to be? The ball wobbled a great deal as it came quickly towards Smith

Tom Flint

International Regular

Oh, dear! Another dropped chance. Travis Head puts down the chance diving forward from gully. Snorter of a short ball that pings Rahane on the glove as he looks away, it lobs enough for the fielder to run in and get to the ball, but Head grassed it as his elbows touched the turf. How costly will that prove to be?

Dropped at second slip by Steven Smith! This one burst through his hands. Rahane jams his bat down to squeeze a full delivery through point, the ball flew off the thick edge. How costly will that prove to be? The ball wobbled a great deal as it came quickly towards Smith
Thank you ??

aussie tragic

International Captain
It seems likely NZ will beat Pak in their current test, which makes the final two tests of the Aus-India series critical for the WTC final.

Here are the minimum results needed for Aus or India to get into the WTC final above NZ

Aus vs Ind (4)
Aus v SA (3)
Ind vs Eng (4)
3-1
1-2​
4-0​
2-1
1-0 or 2-1​
4-0​
2-2
2-1​
3-1​
1-2
2-0​
2-0 or 3-1​
1-3
3-0​
2-2​

I'm thinking both sides really need to win 2-1 to make their next series an easier pass to the final.

Last edited:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
It seems likely NZ will beat Pak in their current test, which makes the final two tests of the Aus-India series critical for the WTC final.

Here are the minimum results needed for Aus or India to get into the WTC final above NZ

Aus vs Ind (4)
Aus v SA (3)
Ind vs Eng (4)
3-1
1-2​
4-0​
2-1
1-0 or 2-1​
4-0​
2-2
2-1​
3-1​
1-2
2-0​
2-0 or 3-1​
1-3
3-0​
2-2​

I'm thinking both sides really need to win 2-1 to make their next series an easier pass to the final.
India can afford to go 1-2 or 1-3 and just need a whitewash on Eng.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

The game was virtually gone for Aus by then though. He looked way less fidgety and prone to a lapse on the whole; hardly got beaten by the seamers or Lyon, compact in defense, assertive strokeplay. Most composed I've seen him. Even in his overseas heyday, there was something of the maniacal about the early part of his innings. None of that here.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The game was virtually gone for Aus by then though. He looked way less fidgety and prone to a lapse on the whole; hardly got beaten by the seamers or Lyon, compact in defense, assertive strokeplay. Most composed I've seen him. Even in his overseas heyday, there was something of the maniacal about the early part of his innings. None of that here.
It was a fine innings.

Australia could have lopped at least 100 runs off the Indian total if they'd held their catches but that's not to discredit that knock at all. Tbh any innings that sets a team up for an overseas win is a top knock. But particularly against that attack.

cnerd123

likes this
The BCCI has told Cricket Australia that India will not be able to travel to Brisbane for the final Test of the ongoing series if they will have to undergo another round of hard quarantine. ESPNcricinfo understands the BCCI mentioned that point in its latest communication sent to CA on Thursday.

So it's official. The BCCI do not want to send the team to Brisbane if they have to go into quarantine.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think I said my piece in the match thread. We have known this will be the situation for a while now and it is absolutely stupid of the BCCI to raise this issue at this late juncture. I am hearing issues with 3 day lockdown etc in Brisbane, so it is quite possible that the test is moved out anyways due to other circumstances but it is really horrible here from BCCI. If the situation in Brisbane is better, CA should not entertain this last minute nosnense from BCCI.

Either make the complaint as soon as everyone realized what the rules were gonna be or suck it up and play.

Still think it is probably just an appeasement of the team's concerns and once CA responds that the conditions will be same as Sydney, they will accept. At least, I hope they do.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think the Queensland Government is being stubborn here too, btw. The only guys who have acted sensibly have been CA and its so unfair that they are the ones with everything to lose here. Hopefully saner heads in the BCCI and the team prevail.

EDIT: changed the word to stubborn from stupid. Calling it stupid was too harsh.

Last edited: