• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The real villain is Rohit Sharma. All this controversy has started after him joining the side.
It is quite clear he doesn't want to face Starc and looking for an excuse to not play the test.
Imagine getting dismissed in the 1st over by Starc after all this drama ?
Yeah the ****. Wish he had gone alone for food and majority of Indians would be in relief now.

But the **** had to take others with him. ****

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's blatantly obvious tbh, and you'd have a lot more respect (though still minimal overall, obviously) for those posting here suggesting there are non-cricket related reasons for it if they just admitted it's too bouncy.
Guarantee Kohli finds time to whine about the time he got pinged on the hand in the Brisbane nets to the young guys on every tour.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No mate, they can go to and from the ground to train and to the game, then when they're done at the ground they go back a 5 star hotel which they have to themselves.
This level of oppression has never been seen since the dark days of the CCP forcing z0rax to go to the nets and have brunch at cafes.

Burgey

Actually gonna be ****ing hilarious if the last two tests are as scheduled then get washed out. Imagine the ****ing angst at having to hole up in a palatial five star while it rains outside. The humanity.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Being restricted to room with no nets before the test will only accentuate it.
Apparently they don't travel the hotel to themselves, but have to stay within confines of their room.
"The Queensland government has agreed to let both teams train and play in Brisbane but also mingle in communal areas of their hotel, which CA has booked out entirely as part of quarantine concessions."

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's blatantly obvious tbh, and you'd have a lot more respect (though still minimal overall, obviously) for those posting here suggesting there are non-cricket related reasons for it if they just admitted it's too bouncy.
I'm obviously not an Indian cricket fan, but if I were I'd have no qualms coming into the thread and expressing my support for the playing group and the BCCI hatching a duplicitous plan to get the Test moved to somewhere they were less likely to lose than the Gabba. I think it's brilliant.

I am left with a sour taste in my mouth when the BCCI does this sort of thing to the boards with less institutional power, but CA is a worthy rival that I think they have every right to try and get one over on in this way. The fact that they seem to be doing it in order to win the series and not to increase their profit margin by a small amount is realistically a step in the right direction for them.

Starfighter

I guess one reason I'm actually kind of overall sympathetic to the Indian team's argument here - even if I think the crowds angle is ****ing asinine - is because I think these border restrictions by QLD are silly. These outbreaks are well in hand by all available evidence, regardless of what water drop twitter claims.
I think it's state jingoism and wanting to look in control. Palaszczuk got a big, possibly election winning boost from Queensland being nearly COVID free and indeed most of our politicians seem to have got a boost out of it, even the ones who haven't handled it so well and shirked responsibility like Andrews (or Berejiklian with the Ruby Princess earlier).

When it's so easy to contrast yourself well with that 'other' state it's the logical thing to do, especially as a lot of people accept these measures.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm obviously not an Indian cricket fan, but if I were I'd have no qualms coming into the thread and expressing my support for the playing group and the BCCI hatching a duplicitous plan to get the Test moved to somewhere they were less likely to lose than the Gabba. I think it's brilliant.

I am left with a sour taste in my mouth when the BCCI does this sort of thing to the boards with less institutional power, but CA is a worthy rival that I think they have every right to try and get one over on in this way. The fact that they seem to be doing it in order to win the series and not to increase their profit margin by a small amount is realistically a step in the right direction for them.
Incidentally, this is why @Teja. is the best Indian fan:

If this is a 4D chess move by Rahane to not play at the Gabba, I only love him more. WAG.

Gnske

It is, or maybe it isn't. Just a variation on a theme really.

But historically CA against the BCCI is like watching Mike Tyson rip the throat out of a street urchin. It's not pretty but you can't help but enjoy it.

Burgey

Oh for sure, but you're a ****

cnerd123

likes this
India scared of a bouncy pitch? We're not the team with an opener who has had 9 concussions thanks.

Imagine Labuschagne trying to survive Bumrah and Siraj at the Gabba. Would be a massacre going off how he's batted this series so far.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Too much whinging from Indian side for 2.5 days quarantine in Brisbane from 12 to 14. Test match would start on 15th.
They are making sure that this controversy free series till now suddenly gets heated up or maybe looking for excuses to justify another series loss.
I dont think it is 2.5 days quarantine though. They are not allowed to move out of their rooms even on game days except to the ground and back etc and I dont think those were the terms Indians agreed to when signing up.