• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"The Queensland government has agreed to let both teams train and play in Brisbane but also mingle in communal areas of their hotel, which CA has booked out entirely as part of quarantine concessions."
This is in fact consistent with the Qld CHO's statement as well:

"They can have bubbles within that hotel because they're going to be playing with colleagues in the match so they're going to have exposure there," Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said on Sunday. "That's absolutely fine but they can't leave the hotel and they can't go out into the general community."

This, according to the SMH, is also the terms of the teams' arrangements in Sydney.

Teja.

Global Moderator
A lot of this talk about Indian players being ungrateful and spoilt about saying they would prefer not to go to Brisbane due to harder regulations on movement has a lot of 'shut up and dribble the ball' energy tbh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. The bulk of these complaints seems to be coming from the playing group and the touring management rather than the BCCI directly. They'd have different goals and incentives. The board primarily wants to make money; Rahane and Shastri primarily want to win the series.

2. Even ignoring that, the BBCI doesn't always just get everything its way with these tour negotiations. Brisbane may have been a bit of a sticking point originally that they ceded on but now see an opportunity to renegotiate.

As I said, I don't mean this in a critical way at all. I think it's brilliant.
I mean, honestly, this is pretty far fetched thinking PEWS.

It's far more likely that some of the players just want to **** about, walk around Brisbane and take those terrible selfies they seem to love, even if by all reports there's nothing to see there.

Six months of being on the road culminating in a hotel stay with only drunk Shastri for company can't be a fun prospect. One of the guys has lost his father ffs.

In any case I'm very curious who this source is and whether he represents the group's/board's views or just the views of a vocal minority.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I mean, honestly, this is pretty far fetched thinking PEWS.

It's far more likely that some of the players just want to **** about, walk around Brisbane and take those terrible selfies they seem to love, even if by all reports there's nothing to see there.

Six months of being on the road culminating in a hotel stay with only drunk Shastri for company can't be a fun prospect. One of the guys has lost his father ffs.

In any case I'm very curious who this source is and whether he represents the group's/board's views or just the views of a vocal minority.
I think it's awesome and I refuse to let you take it away from me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, they really will. You've just read multiple cases saying as much, including one quoting CA on that very point, but you're still not getting it, or more likely just choosing to ignore it.

So they do have access to the amenities at the hotel, unless they choose to stay in their rooms. In which case, well, what's the ****ing drama?
Mate, I am yet to see an official source actually quote that there will be no restrictions within the hotel and it stands to reason coz the primary issue raised by the team seems to be around being confined to a hotel room quarantine. If that is not the case, then the team should suck it up and play coz the conditions will be the same for both teams and they are getting as much independence as is possible in the scenario. But I don't think it is a done deal yet and hence, all these issues coming up.

If it is confirmed, I actually think the team would go ahead with the itinerary as scheduled. Or at least, I think they should and hope they would. But I dont think we are there yet.