• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
Literally the best option when in Brisbane anyway. Have spent trips up there for work and only ever gone between airport, court and the Hilton. There’s genuinely nothing else decent about the joint.
Yeah I won't hear a single joke about how Canberra is dead after sunset when Brisbane does its best urban post-dystopian impression most nights with five times the population.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I still think Lynn and co should have been forced to sit that one out tbh.
Yeah I would have thought stood down for the game would've made sense - basically require them to isolate-in-place and train separately so as to go through the bubble re-entry procedure before playing again. If that same model were to be applied in the Indian circumstance, they'd be biosecure again well before the Sydney Test starts, so play on imo.

Alas, the precedent of isolate-and-play-and-massively-fine has been set so that should really be the way to go (though the time between the breach and the next Test means the on-field distancing shouldn't be necessary as it was in the Lynn/Lawrence case).

Spark

Global Moderator
Have zero sympathy for the Pav Bhaji patrol squad incident yesterday but a lot of sympathy for the idea of the Indian players at large preferring to play two tests in Sydney.

Wish they weren't conflated but that's impossible with the turn of events I guess.
Yeah the timing shocking but I think the Indian preference in that case is pretty reasonable tbh.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What are things looking like for travellers returning to India, anyway? Can understand having a preference to not do a hotel-or-stadium quarantine in Brisbane right before flying home if another hotel quarantine is awaiting them.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the timing shocking but I think the Indian preference in that case is pretty reasonable tbh.
honestly the leaking of this story is the most interesting thing. It's common sense that no-one wants to be isolated into the hotel if it can be avoided, and it can be, by either skipping Sydney or Brisbane. Surely this was made clear to CA as they were trying to save the Sydney test, so why did it leak now and not then.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
@Spikey If we're doing two Sydney Tests, send the second one out to Blacktown International Sports Park imo. Finch and an un-retired Ryan Carters to open when Warner re-injures himself; Ben Dunk to preemptively decline selection when it's revealed that the teams will be staying at Rooty Hill RSL.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
honestly the leaking of this story is the most interesting thing. It's common sense that no-one wants to be isolated into the hotel if it can be avoided, and it can be, by either skipping Sydney or Brisbane. Surely this was made clear to CA as they were trying to save the Sydney test, so why did it leak now and not then.
Because sympathy for the players is at at a record low. Perfect time to leak for anyone who wants to make sure both the Sydney and Brisbane Tests happen.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
@Spikey If we're doing two Sydney Tests, send the second one out to Blacktown International Sports Park imo. Finch and an un-retired Ryan Carters to open when Warner re-injures himself; Ben Dunk to preemptively decline selection when it's revealed that the teams will be staying at Rooty Hill RSL.
Haha he's not in the bubble so he'd probably have to actually quarantine there and everything. He would legitimately decline IMO.

Spikey

A truly GOAT post. It occurs to me now that Ben Dunk's T20 decline is karma for his slander of Rooty Hill RSL

Shri

Mr. Glass
Don’t tell me to calm down, I’m as calm as anything.

They’re out here so they follow the protocols in place. 5 of them have just demonstrated they don’t care about the protocols, they’re dining indoors and hugging fans. Morons.

And spare the “they’re human beings” tripe as tho this is an oppressive ask. They’re overpaid athletes being asked to stay in a 5 star hotel and play a game of cricket. Just go there, do it, and go home.
lol calm down

Burgey

Vegas of the West

Teja.

Global Moderator
The aussie kippax.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Thought maybe one with the dp of a famous, privileged guy who committed suicide would have a better understanding that privilege doesn't make you less human with less frailties.
We aren’t talking mental health here. If you can’t handle the conditions, by all means go home and look after yourself.

we’re talking player safety, and as hyperbolic as it sounds, the safety of others in Aust

and we’re also talking not cancelling something worth a lot of money due to wanting to eat dinner somewhere. It’s no bigger than that, but it’s pretty important