• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The series is at 1-1. We haven't won the series yet.
AUS may win next 2 test and series scoreline would be 3-1 AUS.

What is the forecast at Sydney? What is ths state of pitch ?
The answer to both is the same. ****, there's going to be a lot of sh*t guaranteed.

Every Sydney test match, just **it

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Too much whinging from Indian side for 2.5 days quarantine in Brisbane from 12 to 14. Test match would start on 15th.
They are making sure that this controversy free series till now suddenly gets heated up or maybe looking for excuses to justify another series loss.
Fair enough. It is pretty clear that Indians don't want to play in Brisbane. As they will get hardly any prep time before the match. While most of these guys have played in SCG and MCG and pretty much know a lot of it now, Gabba is still an unknown quantity.

Being restricted to room with no nets before the test will only accentuate it.

But again the real villains are CA and bCCi who agreed on this shitty scheduling in the first place.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The series is at 1-1. We haven't won the series yet.
AUS may win next 2 test and series scoreline would be 3-1 AUS.

What is the forecast at Sydney? What is ths state of pitch ?
The pitch will be 22 yards long. Forecast is ok from day 3 onwards. Days one and two rain is expected.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
To be fair when they are under strict orders, it shouldn't matter. They couldve just got a bag to go and eaten in the car.
Or if the rules weren't communicated properly, the logical sense would be to go inside.

If the shops were not allowed to allow dine in, why was this one doing it.

cnerd123

likes this
yea pretty sure they'll get a training facility as part of their bubble and will be provided transport to the venue and back to the hotel.

Gnske

Fair enough. It is pretty clear that Indians don't want to play in Brisbane. As they will get hardly any prep time before the match. While most of these guys have played in SCG and MCG and pretty much know a lot of it now, Gabba is still an unknown quantity.

But again the real villains are CA and bCCi who agreed on this ****ty scheduling in the first place.
They only don't want to play at Brisbane because they got beaten embarassingly last time and whined about the practice wickets being too bouncy before aptly being bounced out by Johnson hours later.

morgieb

I guess one reason I'm actually kind of overall sympathetic to the Indian team's argument here - even if I think the crowds angle is ****ing asinine - is because I think these border restrictions by QLD are silly. These outbreaks are well in hand by all available evidence, regardless of what water drop twitter claims.
Sadly Raindrop Twitter/McIntyre/Swan are very vocal which doesn't help. I think most of the states were bullied into it by Victorian PTSD.

sunilz

International Regular

But again the real villains are CA and bCCi who agreed on this ****ty scheduling in the first place.
The real villain is Rohit Sharma. All this controversy has started after him joining the side.
It is quite clear he doesn't want to face Starc and looking for an excuse to not play the test.
Imagine getting dismissed in the 1st over by Starc after all this drama ?

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
They only don't want to play at Brisbane because they got beaten embarassingly last time and whined about the practice wickets being too bouncy before aptly being bounced out by Johnson hours later.
Hardly a lot of them in the current squad right ?

Burgey

If they are, it doesn't sync with the position that they have to undergo room quarantine, which appears to be the official position.
No mate, they can go to and from the ground to train and to the game, then when they're done at the ground they go back a 5 star hotel which they have to themselves.

Gnske

No mate, they can go to and from the ground to train and to the game, then when they're done at the ground they go back a 5 star hotel which they have to themselves.
Tell me what part of this isn't slavery and human rights abuses.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Apparently they don't travel the hotel to themselves, but have to stay within confines of their room.

Burgey

I think the main reason India don't want to play in Brisbane is because the pitch conditions won't suit them, and I think the lengths they'll go to move it elsewhere are actually fantastic. I can appreciate a bit of naked Machiavellianism in this scenario.
That's blatantly obvious tbh, and you'd have a lot more respect (though still minimal overall, obviously) for those posting here suggesting there are non-cricket related reasons for it if they just admitted it's too bouncy.