• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australia v India third Test 2021: Cricket summer reaches fever pitch (smh.com.au)

It sounds less that the rules have changed but the rules will be enforced far more stringently in QLD -- i.e. enforced by cops.
Nah, I think I am pretty sure when the schedule was drawn up the Indians were expecting similar guidelines as they have had in Melbourne now and the other grounds earlier. I think the new cases in Melbourne and Sydney have complicated things somewhat and from what I read in an article that quoted a Queensland minister or premier, they need to stay indoors at the hotel and then travel only to the ground or something. I guess some middle ground arrangement will be found and the series will go ahead as scheduled.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Nah, I think I am pretty sure when the schedule was drawn up the Indians were expecting similar guidelines as they have had in Melbourne now and the other grounds earlier.
Don't see why you think that. When the schedule was drawn up the Qld border was firmly shut to NSW and Victoria, just like it is now. That's why the white ball games were only played in Sydney and Canberra.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't see why you think that. When the schedule was drawn up the Qld border was firmly shut to NSW and Victoria, just like it is now. That's why the white ball games were only played in Sydney and Canberra.
Coz maybe they were assured by CA that they will get those exemptions due to being in the bubble from day 1 in Australia.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Coz maybe they were assured by CA that they will get those exemptions due to being in the bubble from day 1 in Australia.
This is where you keep getting it wrong. The exemption is to cross a border that is closed to every other person from Sydney, not to go out and about in public

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is where you keep getting it wrong. The exemption is to cross a border that is closed to every other person from Sydney, not to go out and about in public
Nah, you are obviously wrong to assume that you know what the rules that were agreed to were. I think on balance of probability, it is much more likely that the quarantine restrictions the Indians agreed to, across all venues, are not what is being imposed in Queensland and is more restrictive. So BCCI have all the right to object to it.

And when I say balance of probability, I mean the fact that the new cases in Melbourne and Sydney has changed the landscape with the other states shutting borders very quickly, and also the fact that CA seem to be considering this seriously which they do not need to, if the restrictions have remained the same all along.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It could just be that the Indian players have more quarantine fatigue than they thought they would, which is also reasonable imo

Gnske

It could just be that the Indian players have more quarantine fatigue than they thought they would, which is also reasonable imo
What's Rohit's excuse, he got there later than any of them.

Even the Melbourne Storm managed to go 9 months without incident in not breaching the bubble. Rugby League players who have such low capacity for thinking and self control that they can't resist beating their wives, cheating on their wives with club staffers, shitting in hotel hallways, trying to glass a legend's son, hitting on his daughter then vomiting on his son, punching Bali bouncers, doing coke in NZ clubs, giving signed jerseys to bikies, raping people and knifing ****s at church ffs.

aussie tragic

International Captain
My mistake, obviously Indian cricketers are immune from Covid and therefore don't need to follow the covid rules that apply to the 26 million Australians that live here.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia v India third Test 2021: Cricket summer reaches fever pitch (smh.com.au)

It sounds less that the rules have changed but the rules will be enforced far more stringently in QLD -- i.e. enforced by cops.
2 things come to mind. The rules are in place in NSW for QLD, so if they don't go to QLD presumably the rules are relaxed. secondly, it's unclear if the QLD policy of staying only in your hotel (ie no relaxing with multiple team-mates in a general room in the hotel) is in place for NSW.

(It seems QLD has agreed to relax that rule anyway)

harsh.ag

My mistake, obviously Indian cricketers are immune from Covid and therefore don't need to follow the covid rules that apply to the 26 million Australians that live here.
There are two separate conversations happening in the thread. One is with regards to the bubble breach and one with regards to India preferring not to play in Brisbane because of another quarantine mode. The latter is about Indian cricketers essentially not wanting to break the local covid rules, so the opposite of what you write here.