• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Not sure about the norms, but a couple of things

1) The bubble for the IPL was much larger, so my guess is that in encompassed more dining/catering options, training facilities and 'things to see' to reduce the desire for anyone to leave.
2) The penalties for exiting the bubble were severe - immediate removal from the IPL for the person in question and a 1 crore fine to the franchise

Yeah and back in Aug / Sep UAE was still very much a cauldron so little incentive for players to step out anyway

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Thankfully not gone through the thread since yesterday midnight and way too busy to read through everything but I will just drop my two cents here:

1. If there has been a breach of protocols, then BCCI should not expect any favors from CA here. The 5 should be asked to isolate for however long is necessary and if that means missing a test, so be it. Cant fool around with the safety of others. And BCCI should fine the players for their breach and pay that to CA for any issues or costs it has caused them.
2. If there has been no breach of protocols but the incident is still deemed a risk, then this becomes problematic as it can easily start (and I guess it has already, to an extent) a he says - she says game. Best case for everyone involved is the players show negative after the 5 days isolation and are allowed to rejoin.
3. Regarding the 4th test, if the quarantine rules imposed by Queensland Government have been the same from the time the itinerary was announced, then it is stupid of BCCI to be requesting last minute reconsiderations now and CA should not oblige.
4. But, if those regulations have changed due to recent events, then BCCI is well within their rights to refuse to accept them.
Fourth point is a good one. I am sure BCCI and CA would have agreed on playing conditions and the like. If things change in between to their detriment, BCCI should be well within rights to claim relief in my opinion.

If Indians cannot accept the conditions , they should be allowed to exit the tour without repercussions.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There’s no “cannot.” They aren’t being asked to run the 4x400 relay in world record time. There’s only “will choose not to” here.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There’s no “cannot.” They aren’t being asked to run the 4x400 relay in world record time. There’s only “will choose not to” here.
Not really. If there was an agreement on what the restrictions were to be when the schedule was announced and that has changed now, there very definitely is a very obvious "cannot".

Burgey

Well there’s a difference in Sydney now wrt to crowd numbers cf when the tour was announced. Are you saying that’s grounds to pull the pin on the match/ tour?

Let’s get real here. There’s no kerfuffle if these blokes hadn’t been caught. The rest is all piss and wind from India to distract from their players ****ing up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well there’s a difference in Sydney now wrt to crowd numbers cf when the tour was announced. Are you saying that’s grounds to pull the pin on the match/ tour?

Let’s get real here. There’s no kerfuffle if these blokes hadn’t been caught. The rest is all piss and wind from India to distract from their players ****ing up.
You can have all the salty tantrums you want but the reality is that biobubble restrictions are stuff that both teams have to agree to and if something around that has changed from when the itinerary was announced, the other party is more than entitled to say they do not accept to the changed terms. And the amount of people let into the ground has no bearing on what we are discussing, which is the biobubble protocols and restrictions.

Burgey

HB, search what there is left of your heart and you know too well they’re bunging this on because they don’t want to play in Brisbane. If the fourth was scheduled anywhere other than there or Perth they’d happily live in a tin shed pre-game

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HB, search what there is left of your heart and you know too well they’re bunging this on because they don’t want to play in Brisbane. If the fourth was scheduled anywhere other than there or Perth they’d happily live in a tin shed pre-game
I realize the jingoism is tough to get off of, but try it for once and see the real picture. If India did not want to play in Brisbane, it would have never been scheduled in the first place.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually wouldn't mind them playing two SCG tests if the conditions of their stay in Queensland had to change. But if the conditions aren't changing then it's a pointless complaint and they should tough it out. It's not a long trip.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I actually wouldn't mind them playing two SCG tests if the conditions of their stay in Queensland had to change. But if the conditions aren't changing then it's a pointless complaint and they should tough it out. It's not a long trip.
You can also state you just agree with me. :p

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia v India third Test 2021: Cricket summer reaches fever pitch (smh.com.au)

After months of living in either a bubble of some sort of hard quarantine, the Indians' unease with COVID-19 restrictions on Sunday manifested itself into objections about travelling to Brisbane for the fourth Test where they and the Australians will have to enter quarantine.
Whether or not they thought they would be left staring at four walls, as they did after arriving in Sydney in November when they weren't training, wasn't clear. But Cricket Australia officials were on Sunday night hoping a Queensland government allowance for players to have communal areas set up inside the hotel that has been taken out for the game would lower the temperature and avoid a Brisbane boycott.

It's effectively the same landscape the teams will face for their week-long stay in Sydney for the third Test, starting on Thursday, the only difference being that in Brisbane it will be state government-determined rules they will be living by inside the hotel while in NSW the protocols have been drawn up by CA.
It sounds less that the rules have changed but the rules will be enforced far more stringently in QLD -- i.e. enforced by cops.