• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
doesn't beat the galaxy brain of blewett saying "maybe smith isn't in bad nick, because he just hasn't been out there long enough to show he's in good nick"
And even that is not original. I remember reading an Azharuddin interview in the 90s where he said he was not sure if he was in good or bad form as he was not out there long enough to know it. ?

Shady Slim

International Coach
And even that is not original. I remember reading an Azharuddin interview in the 90s where he said he was not sure if he was in good or bad form as he was not out there long enough to know it. ?
i sort of get the point if you have say two innings in a row where you get an absolute jaffa early on and get done before facing much, but when you blap one to the leg slip set for you to blap to, and then get done around your legs, and all the while look crap, you're probably not in good nick ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The best part was him looking on as he got bowled and then running for the single. If that does not tell you the guy s not in good form, then....

Spark

Global Moderator
i sort of get the point if you have say two innings in a row where you get an absolute jaffa early on and get done before facing much, but when you blap one to the leg slip set for you to blap to, and then get done around your legs, and all the while look crap, you're probably not in good nick ?
yeah i could sort of buy it at adelaide, but here he actually faced a few balls and actually looked terrible, super unstable at the crease even by his standards and struggling to get the ball off the square (also playing far too square for some reason). again it could easily have taken one good shot for everything to sync up again, but that obviously didn't happen.

and there's, like, a 0% chance smith misses that ball from bumrah normally. that doesn't mean he can't, say, clip it around the corner to leg gully and get caught, he's done that a few times, but he just doesn't miss those balls. he's just in horrible nick.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Its a horror that India has no option but to play brainless Saini next match. Somehow Virat Kohli has full trust in him but dude has not looked anywhere near test class till now.

I fear he becoming Monty Pansesar of pace.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I heard he was actually feeling better and was still a chance, though you'd say it's pretty unlikely

cnerd123

likes this
doesn't beat the galaxy brain of blewett saying "maybe smith isn't in bad nick, because he just hasn't been out there long enough to show he's in good nick"
This is brilliant but also true in a way. Every batsman is at their worst early in their innings. Sometimes you need a bit of luck to survive good bowling. Smith hasn't had much luck.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A fair reflection of Ashwin's bowling is 10 wickets at 17.7 in this series and 375 wickets at 25.2 over the course of his career.

One of the best spin bowlers ever. Only Warne, Murali, O'Reilley and a couple of others are ahead of him.
Warne ahead of him? He couldn't even take wickets in spinners paradise India

cnerd123

likes this
A fair reflection of Ashwin's bowling is 10 wickets at 17.7 in this series and 375 wickets at 25.2 over the course of his career.

One of the best spin bowlers ever. Only Warne, Murali, O'Reilley and a couple of others are ahead of him.
I'm one of the many who has derided Ashwin for his failures overseas. I am so hoping he has a massive series here, so that we can conclusively close this chapter once and for all. But there are still 2 games to go and a series on the line, on pitches that should suit spin. He needs to keep this up.