• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Shady Slim

International Coach
probably been said already but as monumentally lolworthy as 36 all out was, the total that the indians had to chase today was considerably lower than that, so food for thought there.

as to the australian team for the next game, warner in for burns, moises in for head (essentially as a bat but can bowl if absolutely necessary). head shouldn't have ever been there, and i am wonderfully vindicated every time he throws his wicket away. tjb is also incredibly smart. while i don't root for him to fail it's pretty cool to be proven right all the time.

now

what i am worried about is wade being sent down to five and harris coming in too, and maybe doing well against a tired attack on a dead pitch, and following that by averaging 4.8 next time that he goes overseas.

for india, i reckon you can't drop vihari. he didn't get too many runs but he and pujara grinding out our bowlers early paved the way for their low energy bowling in the third session to rahane and jadeja. agarwal is a different case but with only rohit waiting in the wings he gets to stay too. hope umesh can get right for the next test - with shami and ishant both already out, it's admirable with this india attack has been able to do so far. absolute credit to ashwin for the way he's bowling - unsurprising that the supernerd has learned how to bowl here after three tours. great setting of fields in this test by rahane and great execution by india allround.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I never imagined our bowling stocks would ever be this good. Kudos to all involved at grass roots level and above for the work they've done to get us to this stage.

We have a great board tbh.

Gnske

what i am worried about is wade being sent down to five and harris coming in too, and maybe doing well against a tired attack on a dead pitch, and following that by averaging 4.8 next time that he goes overseas.
Well here's the thing about batting in the Australian summer, you learn next to nothing every time no matter how many runs a batsman makes. Wade has the benefit of already having 2 overseas tons though, made recently enough too.

Edit: Referring particularly to Khawaja here.

Spark

Global Moderator
I never imagined our bowling stocks would ever be this good. Kudos to all involved at grass roots level and above for the work they've done to get us to this stage.

We have a great board tbh.
the bowling stocks are very good. but what you're seeing now, probably for the first time in indian history, is the difference between a solid test attack, and a solid test attack with a truly great fast bowler in it; i.e. a great test attack. it makes a massive, massive difference having someone like bumrah as the spearhead.

duffer

the bowling stocks are very good. but what you're seeing now, probably for the first time in indian history, is the difference between a solid test attack, and a solid test attack with a truly great fast bowler in it; i.e. a great test attack. it makes a massive, massive difference having someone like bumrah as the spearhead.
Seriously, the depth we have in our pace bowling stocks is unfathomable for a long suffering fan. Surely the work done by administrators in India have contributed greatly to that.

Gnske

there's nothing more australian than calling every brown bloke who tears it up against us a thrower tbh
One of those great traditions that makes this country so true and blue.

I make this promise. I will stop levelling this deep accusations if every Australian poster who has accused Cameron Gannon of throwing in recent times retracts their comments.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
This. Aided by another great Ashwin. The way the confidence has o
All hail the mighty chicken