• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at the MCG, Melbourne, 26 Dec - 30 Dec 2020

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Gavaskar having a go at the way Team india is run. Should he be taken seriously?
Ashwin's place is called into question only abroad where he's been inconsistent tbf. Natarajan could've been sent home earlier to be with his family, but you can also understand why he wouldn't have been as assertive in the matter as Kohli or might've even opted to stay back, even if just as a net bowler. Different statures, social-economic backgrounds, etc.

CodeOfWisden

U19 Cricketer
pant will drop the test and contribute nothing with the bat
He made 160 last time at SCG.
MCG is normally flat and Pant doesn't have a weakness against pacers, the only problem with him is that he doesn't like to defend.
I am sure he will hit atleast 4 or 5 sixes on Lyon.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ashwin's place is called into question only abroad where he's been inconsistent tbf. Natarajan could've been sent home earlier to be with his family, but you can also understand why he wouldn't have been as assertive in the matter as Kohli or might've even opted to stay back, even if just as a net bowler. Different statures, social-economic backgrounds, etc.
I do feel it has been bit unfair on Ashwin often overseas, especially in SENA but at the same time, it is not very often that you have two spinners of the quality of Ash and Jaddu and you play in conditions where you can only play one of them, realistically. It is more an indication of how good Jaddu has been especially post 2015, than Ash's own performances, in my view.

And the rest of the points in that article is just baseless rubbish, as is often the case with articles by Sunny. He writes good articles with decent points a few times but once in a while, he will throw in a very obvious headline bait type article. I think this is one of those.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MCG is normally flat and Pant doesn't have a weakness against pacers, the only problem with him is that he doesn't like to defend.
And eventually be caughtfor an invaluable 42(28) with the total on 8/135

Flem274*

123/5
his weakness is being useless if it moves a millimetre

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His weakness is that indian bowling is so bad he's never had the chance to play good against good bowling

Gnske

I see you're primed to leave a trail of runny stool all over this thread just like the last one.
Tell me what part of that post is wrong. It's why guys can have such issues making it at whatever the next level is. You might look like a god at grade level but all of a sudden you have the likes of Trent Copeland, Jackson Bird or Jade Herrick bowling at you and you're found out.

CodeOfWisden

U19 Cricketer
Tell me what part of that post is wrong. It's why guys can have such issues making it at whatever the next level is. You might look like a god at grade level but all of a sudden you have the likes of Trent Copeland, Jackson Bird or Jade Herrick bowling at you and you're found out.
Who were the bowlers in your A side.
Were they good enough.?
Pant needed 19 to get to a century in the last over and he made 23, that's the level of your bench bowlers.
Apart from these three +patto there's no upcoming talent in Australian cricket as far as bowling is concerned.

Spark

Global Moderator
Were they good enough.?
Pant needed 19 to get to a century in the last over and he made 23, that's the level of your bench bowlers.
Apart from these three +patto there's no upcoming talent in Australian cricket as far as bowling is concerned.
wait do you seriously think that a-team consisted of the best of the best young australian bowlers and bowlers outside of the main four?

also who do you think was bowling when pant scored all those runs? hint: it wasn't necessarily someone known for their bowling

Last edited:

Gnske

Were they good enough.?
I'm the first to admit it. The future of Australian cricket is bleak. So much so that the fact that Pant hit a hundred in that game is relatively meaningless.

Hell most runs made in A games prove to be ultimately meaningless.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Were they good enough.?
Please, may I quickly take a couple minutes of your valuable time to ask you to enlighten me with your thourogh knowledge of the Australian domestic cricket scene?