• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at the MCG, Melbourne, 26 Dec - 30 Dec 2020

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is much to be pissed at the Queensland government about but shutting down borders to covid hotspots is definitely not it.

Hopefully Sydney can get this under control by then.

aussie tragic

International Captain
India's lowest score at the MCG is 67, all the way back in 1948. Is this record safe?

Note: the last innings Pat Cummins bowled to India at MCG, he took 6-27

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The last time Pat Cummins bowled to India at the SCG in a test was the match in which they lost the series. Sometimes the bigger picture tells the story

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is much to be pissed at the Queensland government about but shutting down borders to covid hotspots is definitely not it.

Hopefully Sydney can get this under control by then.
there’s apparently nothing to get the shits with the Qld govt about, judging by their recent thumping electoral win.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there’s apparently nothing to get the ****s with the Qld govt about, judging by their recent thumping electoral win.
They won entirely on their handling of covid. Which is fair enough. It doesn't mean they don't deserve criticism for other choices.

Unless you were a big fan of the Howard government and thought they deserved no criticism because they implemented gun control.

the big bambino

International Captain
India's lowest score at the MCG is 67, all the way back in 1948. Is this record safe?

Note: the last innings Pat Cummins bowled to India at MCG, he took 6-27
Cummins got those numbers at the bowler’s graveyard? Maybe the answer to all the Melbourne pitch criticism is just bowl better.

Anyway Melbourne seems to have done a better job rebalancing the contest between bat and ball than Adelaide recently so I think India should go in with 4 bowlers and try and cover for Kohli’s absence rather than play 5 bowlers. It’s not as if Burns has really proven anything and with Wade out of position, could expose Marnus and Smith who are normally batting like Gods but are in human form atm.

Wouldn’t be against Jadeja and Ashwin both playing with three seamers but if it came to it would prefer the former though it would be hard on ashwin.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Gavaskar having a go at the way Team india is run. Should he be taken seriously?

DriveClub

International Regular
Gavaskar having a go at the way Team india is run. Should he be taken seriously?
Interesting, he might be onto something here. Shastri definitely loves sucking up to Kohli

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Mo Gawdat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Gawdat) says that happiness is the difference between life and our expectations for life. I now have absolutely rock-bottom zero expectations from this series. And so I think I'm in a good frame of mind to enjoy us perhaps winning or drawing the odd session here and there. I hope Siraj gets a chance - I do not think he'll be anywhere near Shami but I think consistent A-Team performances should earn him a place in the side to prove himself.