• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at the MCG, Melbourne, 26 Dec - 30 Dec 2020

Victor Ian

International Coach
**** weather here in Melbourne. This has the feeling of **** weather that hangs around for a week or two.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meant to be fine day one but 80% chance of rain day 2. otherwise looks reasonable, but you can never tell with the Big Bendigo

Daemon

I was on the fence before the start of the first test but I think we need the extra batting that Pant brings more than Saha's keeping given we'll likely play 5 bowlers and have no Kohli.

Pant's batting form has been a concern though I'll admit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was on the fence before the start of the first test but I think we need the extra batting that Pant brings more than Saha's keeping given we'll likely play 5 bowlers and have no Kohli.

Pant's batting form has been a concern though I'll admit.
Yeah I don't think you can play five bowlers and Saha. Neither Saha or Jadeja should be at 6 in a Test in Australia, especially without Kohli.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I think the options are either play Vihari + Saha, or Pant + Jadeja

Seems like they've decided to go with Pant + Jadeja for this Test with Gill opening. Fairly straightforward.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How do people think Pant will make more runs than Saha? Saha has better technique and is likely to last longer, hence make more runs.

TheJediBrah

Yeah I don't think you can play five bowlers and Saha. Neither Saha or Jadeja should be at 6 in a Test in Australia, especially without Kohli.
i think Jadeja could easily handle 6. Tbh he's one of India's better batsmen in the squad. I have more faith in him than the likes of Vihari

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yea I think the options are either play Vihari + Saha, or Pant + Jadeja

Seems like they've decided to go with Pant + Jadeja for this Test with Gill opening. Fairly straightforward.
Vihari should play regardless with Kohli leaving. He might even bat 4.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i think Jadeja could easily handle 6. Tbh he's one of India's better batsmen in the squad. I have more faith in him than the likes of Vihari
Man I think I rate Jadeja's Test batting higher than most but I don't really buy this at all. Maybe I just rate Vihari higher than you as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wouldn't count on it, especially after what just happened in Adelaide. Reckon they'll want to ensure 5 days of play
Already setting up excuses for the terrible MCG pitch I see.

It's been awful domestically and internationally for years. It'll likely be awful here as well.

TheJediBrah

Already setting up excuses for the terrible MCG pitch I see.

It's been awful domestically and internationally for years. It'll likely be awful here as well.
I go on about how bad it is constantly, definity not feeling a need to make excuses tbh