• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Not been on this forum long, but some guy called "*****" said after the latest Bangladesh embarrassment against West Indies that the Bangladesh team was "so talented". So that's an entry, no flippin way are they near that tag at all lol. West Indies and Sri Lanka are more "so talented" for sure.
This aged well too didn't it?

cnerd123

likes this
A good performance in a world cup final is no more valuable than performance in a so called JAMODI so long as strength of opposition and playing conditions are of similar difficulty

I will go to war defending this.
Still going to war for this? :ph34r:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Still going to war for this? :ph34r:
Yes. Except if you decide some things are harder in world cup due to pressure and admit that others by corollary are easier. If chasing in world cups is harder, then by corollary defending a total is easier. It's a truism. Doesn't even need discussion.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Probably not even an unpopular opinion, but why is everyone so lax these days re sub fielders?

It has been particularly farcical at times this WC imo.

Kirkut

International Regular
There was no such thing as a JAMODI up until a decade ago. All teams would tour overseas once in 4 years, JAMODIs began when India started playing Sri Lanka almost every year post 2009.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The term jamodi came from the channel 4 message boards in the uk as far back as 2005. It was mostly used by the English who didn't care about ODIs and coincided with the invention of the bilateral series (As opposed to the trio series).

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I miss Tri-Series. I know they were binned because no one went to see neutral games but at least it gave some meaning to the ODI format every summer.

sunilz

International Regular
I was very disappointed with the attitude of KW in WC final. When Dharmsena awarded 6 runs to overthrow, why he didn't argue even once with the umpire. I doubt any Indian/Aus captain would have meekly accepted that decision. May be KW was awarded MoS in WC for complete surrender to ICC.

Kirkut

International Regular
I was very disappointed with the attitude of KW in WC final. When Dharmsena awarded 6 runs to overthrow, why he didn't argue even once with the umpire. I doubt any Indian/Aus captain would have meekly accepted that decision. May be KW was awarded MoS in WC for complete surrender to ICC.
I don't think arguing would have influenced the umpire verdict.