• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I was very disappointed with the attitude of KW in WC final. When Dharmsena awarded 6 runs to overthrow, why he didn't argue even once with the umpire. I doubt any Indian/Aus captain would have meekly accepted that decision. May be KW was awarded MoS in WC for complete surrender to ICC.
What was he supposed to argue? Assuming he even knew the rules about the batsman having to cross before the ball is released no one knew if they had and the umpires aren't allowed to check it within the laws.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You literally quoted and replied to a post talking about this in the CWC2019 sub forum

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cri...-do-you-agree-final-result-6.html#post4232582
I had no idea that post was actually referring to a law that stated that umpires weren't allowed to check

If that's actually the law then that definitely needs to be changed. I can't even imagine why anyone would think that not allowing umpire's to check with the 3rd whether the batsmen crossed in that scenario was a valid idea

cnerd123

likes this
Finger spin is the best form of bowling
Attritional cricket on slow dead pitches is entertaining
The Nagpur wicket wasn't that bad
Performances against minnows, on flat decks, and playing at home should all be considered just as important
Gavaskar isn't a racist
Kohli should bat at 4 in ODIs
Some women could complete in top level mens cricket
The best policy to deal with bowlers who chuck is to just ban any bowler that looks dodgy, regardless of what testing shows
On that note - the ICC testing for chucking lacks transparency and that's a problem
Asian desserts are good

Flame away
still stand by all these

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Never understood why Asian desserts never got much love around these parts, unless there's some really horrible ones out there that I haven't tried yet.

cnerd123

likes this
Never understood why Asian desserts never got much love around these parts, unless there's some really horrible ones out there that I haven't tried yet.
It's because we have very few sophisticated taste buds on these forums

Burgey still thinks MasterChef is a good show ffs

Flem274*

123/5
nah asian desserts have nothing on the west. i can understand prefferring asian mains to western mains, that's a matter of subjective taste, but asian desserts are the nz in australia of food.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Which women could compete in top level men's cricket? Do you mean international cricket? Tests? Odis?
Ellysse Perry the obvious choice that comes to your head. Not sure about others. Not sure about how competent she will be as well.