• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure what all the short stuff was about earlier in the day. There seemed to be enough in the wicket on a length to encourage bowlers to pitch a few up and see what happens.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time for Rahane to earn his corn. Has looked in decent nick all series without really getting a big score.

Burgey

I'm not sure what all the short stuff was about earlier in the day. There seemed to be enough in the wicket on a length to encourage bowlers to pitch a few up and see what happens.
Thought it was fine tbh. Both blokes were driving fine and looked a lot worse on the back foot. Agarwal had any number which he had no clue over their whereabouts, and Pujara nearly popped one onto his stumps as well. Thought it a legit tactic in those circumstances

Edit: Like, if neither bloke is going to try to score off it *and* tries to ride the bounce rather than duck or swerve to the point where they’re giving you a chance, then it’s a bit of a no-brainer to give it a go.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Tbf Chappelli wasn’t an advocate of aggressive #intent at No.3. That player had to be adaptable. Strong defence and judgment when early wickets are lost, which happened fairly often in his time from memory. Then be able to attack as the ball got older and bowlers tired. Michael holding rated him highly for his ability to play both gears and play pace and spin. I think a look at Chappellis sr shows that he was a very deliberate no.3 and not an all out attacker. Imo he didn’t make many daddy hundreds because he consumed so much mental energy saving an innings he didn’t have the reserves to convert after performing the rescue. Anyway one of my favourite players.

morgieb

Still find the absence of a silly point for Lyon pretty bizarre
Yeah Paine's missing a trick by not having 2 bat pads.

I see the comms criticising Australia's inability to make serious inroads. I think our plans often have been questionable....especially to Pujara. It's a good batting lineup and in the last two Tests at least the pitches have been flat early on but it could still be doing better.

Probably also an effect for Australia missing key bowlers in the UAE and losing the plot in South Africa.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I see that Pujara is averaging over 65 in this series, while Kohli is only averaging 40.

Who will be player of the series - Pujara or Bumrah?