• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

cnerd123

likes this
My God he looks pregnant. My Dad at 71 looks far fitter. How can a guy in that sort of shape inspire a team of professional athletes?
i hope he's hiding a football under his shirt because that's not a flattering picture

Already too many Betas in this Australian setup without taking lessons from the Beta King Virat himself.
please, Virat may not be the most alpha player in his own side (that would be Pujara), but his little finger is more alpha than the entire Australian side sans Cummins put together.

Actually you guys should just make Cummins the captain already. Guy's got more balls than the rest of the squad. Maybe he can whip them all into shape.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My God he looks pregnant. My Dad at 71 looks far fitter. How can a guy in that sort of shape inspire a team of professional athletes?
Making runs against good bowling, taking screamers at short leg. You know, the things which count on a cricket field

TheJediBrah

i hope he's hiding a football under his shirt because that's not a flattering picture

please, Virat may not be the most alpha player in his own side (that would be Pujara), but his little finger is more alpha than the entire Australian side sans Cummins put together.

Actually you guys should just make Cummins the captain already. Guy's got more balls than the rest of the squad. Maybe he can whip them all into shape.
You ****s seriously have no idea what alpha & beta means. Kohli is alpha. That is not debatable. Pujara is not, it's cringey that you think he's more alpha than Kohli.

Burgey

“Nah, too many betas in the Australian side!” posts imbecile in reply to a post saying there are too many betas in the Australian side.

Midwinter

State Captain
Back in the days when actions on the field were more important than what happened on the training track.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
unfortunately modern day Australia is too soft to produce another Allan Border type

maybe Virat can inspire them
They all play thugby league

Pant wouldn’t be anywhere near as vocal if Billy Slater was able to forearm him to the throat while Smith had him in a chicken wing

Damn you pathway programs

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They all play thugby league

Pant wouldn’t be anywhere near as vocal if Billy Slater was able to forearm him to the throat while Smith had him in a chicken wing

Damn you pathway programs
Yeah the QLD class of 1983 all went on to become ATG league players - Thurston, Smith, Cronk etc...

aussie tragic

International Captain
Absolutely disgusted with Labuschagne, with a shield batting average this year of 28 and bowling average of 59, being added before Burns, Maxwell or Wade.

Australian cricket can go and get ****ed until Langer, Chappell and Hohns are sacked. I'm not watching until then

aussie tragic

International Captain
I can't believe all the crap about best India year ever. You played 14 Tests when everyone else played 8 or 9. Of course you took the most wkts and made the most runs...mathematics obviously is not India's strongest ability

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I was surprised how portly he looked in person since most people i've seen on tv look slimmer in person. He must have had at least 7 or 8 pints on the 6 hour flight when i travelled with him.

vcs

Probably has a bit of an alcohol problem then.

I kind of sympathize with him, I've got a bit of a belly that I can't seem to shift despite running my ass off for the past month or so.

vcs

Team report cards for 2018: Australia, South Africa, India, West Indies, Women and Afghanistan | Cricket | ESPNcricinfo

India's dream year apparently! I can't get over the losses in England and (especially) South Africa. If we had selected better XIs, we could have won more games and probably won first ever series in SA. For all the positives, I am not able to view it as a dream year.
Could have been a year where they could have made a decent claim to be a great Test side. Needed to win one of England/SA and the chances were there. I think they have a good case to be considered better than the 2007-2010 Indian team, but they are still below SA 2010-2015.

OverratedSanity

Team report cards for 2018: Australia, South Africa, India, West Indies, Women and Afghanistan | Cricket | ESPNcricinfo

India's dream year apparently! I can't get over the losses in England and (especially) South Africa. If we had selected better XIs, we could have won more games and probably won first ever series in SA. For all the positives, I am not able to view it as a dream year.
SA was extremely winnable. If bhuvi/Rahane had played at centurion/Capetown it easily could've been 2-1 in our favor. Massive missed opportunity. Don't think we'll ever get a better one either. SA had a load of issues, but AB coming back ruined things a bit.

England was more annoying but apart from bhuvi being a huge miss, the selections weren't as crippling. A 4-1 scoreline definitely underplays how close the series actually was.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Probably has a bit of an alcohol problem then.

I kind of sympathize with him, I've got a bit of a belly that I can't seem to shift despite running my ass off for the past month or so.
Do compound lifts buddy. Make the power clean, squat and deadlift your best friends. Running is overrated.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Kohli is annoying but clearly an alpha. Not Richards level alpha, because few are, but a go-getter all the same. Besides, chicks dig a guy with that sort of self belief.

TheJediBrah

Do compound lifts buddy. Make the power clean, squat and deadlift your best friends. Running is overrated.
Shocking advice if the guy's goal is trying to get rid of a gut. Good advice in general though. Except power cleaning is a waste of time.

Kohli is annoying but clearly an alpha. Not Richards level alpha, because few are, but a go-getter all the same. Besides, chicks dig a guy with that sort of self belief.
Finally someone who understands what alpha actually means