• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely think as a wicket it was only truly roady Day 1. Days 2 and 3 it's been a fair bit more up and down. Made the toss a very important one to win.

This no doubt sounds like whinging but it feels like the majority of "important toss to win" Tests Australia have lost the toss. Last one I think we won that was like that was Pune.
Perth?

ajdude

International Coach
well marsh is into double figures, according to statistics he averages more than 800 if he makes double figures but he averages only -40 if he doesn’t make 10

Spark

Global Moderator
Definitely think as a wicket it was only truly roady Day 1. Days 2 and 3 it's been a fair bit more up and down. Made the toss a very important one to win.

This no doubt sounds like whinging but it feels like the majority of "important toss to win" Tests Australia have lost the toss. Last one I think we won that was like that was Pune.
i mean i think even now it's still a very good pitch to bat on. jadeja just has (a) rough and (b) a million left-handers to bowl at

stephen

Geez, Jadeja is causing havoc here. That one turned too much, which is something I'm sure has never been said about Jadeja before.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This was definitely a massive toss to win. Making the opposition batsmen field for 2 days then have to come out to bat is a huge advantage, even before you consider a deteriorating pitch.

But the real question is if the toss went the other way would Aus have been able to bat 2 days and put India in this position? Maybe but i wouldn't consider it a certainty.

stephen

Oh yeah I can see that. Though I don't think that pitch really broke up all that much. There was uneven bounce on Day 1 after all.
It was more important because India went with 4 quicks. The non- selection of Jadeja in that test is being shown to be utterly awful right now.

morgieb

This was definitely a massive toss to win. Making the opposition batsmen field for 2 days then have to come out to bat is a huge advantage, even before you consider a deteriorating pitch.

But the real question is if the toss went the other way would Aus have been able to bat 2 days and put India in this position? Maybe but i wouldn't consider it a certainty.
Probably not to the same extent. I could see a similar Day 1 but I'm not sure Australia would've held up as well on Day 2.

stephen

That shot from Head shows a batsman who will decline quickly once his eye goes. It was a good shot but he played it well away from his body. As soon as his eye goes he nicks that.

stephen

Probably not to the same extent. I could see a similar Day 1 but I'm not sure Australia would've held up as well on Day 2.
I'd agree with that.

Australia's batting would have scored faster though so we might have made 400 ao.

TheJediBrah

Australia's (depleted) top order have shown this game that they have inferior patience and innings building abilities to the Indians. Where India were 2/200, it wouldn't surprise me if Aus would have been more like 5/300.

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia's (depleted) top order have shown this game that they have inferior patience and innings building abilities to the Indians. Where India were 2/200, it wouldn't surprise me if Aus would have been more like 5/300.
350ao max imo

stephen

Totally agree. However, it's entirely possible that India batted themselves out of the game. All Australia have to do is bat for 4 sessions on a day 3/4 pitch and India virtually can't win.

If Australia had slightly better batsmen this would be a test only one side could win.

Shri

Mr. Glass
There's a bit of up and down but this is a road. There's one spot on the pitch causing troubles and Jadeja has found it.

As McGrath said, the batsmen have all got themselves out.
are you even watching bro there's like w amssive rough patch in front of the pefties

cnerd123

likes this
Lol could you imagine the Aussies of the early 2000s ruing losing the toss

That team would have held their catches and bowled a side out for 300 in the first dig before piling on 550 with the bat, and then storm to an innings or 10 wicket win by lunch day 5

But it's a fair comment given the strength of these two teams. Just goes to show how much has changed.

India really should boss this game here on in. This situation is right in their wheelhouse, and as predicted by a few of us, Jadeja is loving whatever little support this track is giving him. Jadeja + uneven bounce = lethal. Very underrated bowler.

stephen

are you even watching bro there's like w amssive rough patch in front of the pefties
Two out of the three wickets have had nothing to do with the rough patch.

And it's a single foot mark. It's not like he's turning it miles when it pitches anywhere else.