• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yikes.

I guess this shows that even on roads, you need batsman who can bat to exploit it. Pitch does seem to be doing more today than it did on Day 1, it's just that India got a fair slice of luck yesterday and also some obdurate batting that we simply don't have.

I cannot see how this side can win Tests against good opposition without going for very bouncy/lottery-esque wickets.

halba

International 12th Man
The future of Australian cricket is in the hands of concrete feet and the Marsh brothers.
aus 'cricket' team, a hopeless case. pathetic excuse for a 'cricket' team. This is the flattest road of a pitch ive ever seen. Wish i could put a short sell on the whole team.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This Australian batting lineup is so bad they're making Jadeja look threatening in Australia.

stephen

I mean all Australia has to do is bat out the day and avoid the follow on top virtually guarantee the draw. Do you think we can do that on this road? I'm not sure.

Spark

Global Moderator
i know we love a bit of revisionism here at cw but we could wait more than two days before making **** up

stephen

There's a bit of up and down but this is a road. There's one spot on the pitch causing troubles and Jadeja has found it.

As McGrath said, the batsmen have all got themselves out.

Spark

Global Moderator
There's a bit of up and down but this is a road. There's one spot on the pitch causing troubles and Jadeja has found it.

As McGrath said, the batsmen have all got themselves out.
kohli and pujara are getting these batsmen out, really

TheJediBrah

You mean a Test pitch can change from day 1 to day 3? Surely not . . .

I mean khawaja's was a direct result of the rough that wasn't there at the start of the game. Talk about cognitive dissonance

stephen

I mean Shaun Marsh is our second best batsman and he averages mid 30s. Our batting is utter trash. India have competent batting and that's all that was needed to bat two days.

morgieb

Definitely think as a wicket it was only truly roady Day 1. Days 2 and 3 it's been a fair bit more up and down. Made the toss a very important one to win.

This no doubt sounds like whinging but it feels like the majority of "important toss to win" Tests Australia have lost the toss. Last one I think we won that was like that was Pune.

stephen

I mean khawaja's was a direct result of the rough that wasn't there at the start of the game. Talk about cognitive dissonance
I don't know why he didn't play the same shot as the ball before. It was identical.

Finch and Harris played rubbish shots and got themselves out.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain

Or unsure batting from a bad player of spin against a guy who barely spins it.