• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As long as we can all agree that MCG's **** pitches are largely the AFL's fault

lol this, can't hate on Aus fielders/bowlers much at this stage. I'd like to see how most CWers field after that, if they're even still standing.
Siddle had been on the field for like 5 minutes

morgieb

Is Nohits innings today downhill skiing, actually good, or somewhere in between

Its definitely useful given the circumstances he came in and the situation of the series, but the pitch is lifeless and he has been dropped.
Depends on if he kicks on, but I don't think any first innings runs against decent opposition is ever downhill skiing.

TheJediBrah

Siddle had been on the field for like 5 minutes
Being vegetarian is probably worth about the same level of exhaustion and uselessness tbh

(edit: and no Burgey, quoting this post and changing "vegetarian" to "Victorian" would not be clever)

Last edited:

vcs

Is Nohits innings today downhill skiing, actually good, or somewhere in between

Its definitely useful given the circumstances he came in and the situation of the series, but the pitch is lifeless and he has been dropped.
Tells us nothing we didn't already know, i.e. he's nothing more than a stopgap in this form of the game.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Cummins drop just proves that he's actually human and not a divine being sent to save Australian cricket.

Siddle's drop is unforgivable.

Geez things are bad when Finch rolls his arm over.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Should've begun accelerating 30 mins ago, and declared with 475 on board. Would've got 30 mins at tired openers. Might as well bat on and get as many as possible now.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohit definitely conscious of the fact a ton could be necessary to cement a spot for the future

He really should be accelerating now

Victor Ian

International Coach
The TV money doesn't go to the grounds right? So if CA wants grounds to stop trying to maximise gate revenue, they need to compensate them with a cut of the TV revenue or something.
Stop talking to me rationally. Your last post confused me. I am wallowing in self pity at the shame the MCG has served up yet again.

Burgey

Pains me to say it but the selectors got the call right with M Marsh for this game. No way do any of the other all rounder contenders bowl as many overs as he has, or as effectively.

trundler

Neither here nor there cricket. As Pakistan's declaration against Australia in the UAE proved, batting slow will only waste time from here on. Time for all out attack and a quick declaration.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I have a lot of time for Pant. He can drive you up the wall, but I'm pretty sure he'll be spoken of in Sehwagian terms by the time he retires.

Assuming we aren't screwing him up for good by favoring old man Dhoni.

trundler

I have a lot of time for Pant. He can drive you up the wall, but I'm pretty sure he'll be spoken of in Sehwagian terms by the time he retires.

Assuming we aren't screwing him up for good by favoring old man Dhoni.
So dumb as a brick and crap against swing?