• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Kindly respond to the points I made instead of just typic for the sake of it.
I have. I don't consider cricket besides fast bowling to be a real sport. It's a game of skill. That's it. I gave you my opinion.

I love cricket. I love chess. I love 500. But it's hardly a real sport.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cricket batting isn't a real sport.
That is not response to any of the questions I asked. Kindly respond.

1. Bo Jackson could beat Comaneci in gymnastics?
2. Shamron in the ring?
3. Face bowling of Bill O' Reilly which even the most expert cricketers struggle in?
4. Should be stop appreciating the skill of great cricketers just because Mbappe can run faster?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bro you keep saying that you will keep replying until people stop replying to you, but why? Do you really have that little going on in your life?

Or is it like a psychological issue, like you can't leave something unfinished, because I have met kids (and adults) like that, usually autism-related.

If it is a genuine psychological issue I apologise, but otherwise why don't you just shut down your computer/phone and go do something else? You're not making any friends or ingratiating yourself with anyone with your posting here right now. Your just embarrassing yourself. Take a break IMO.

edit: I really mean this in the best possible way, not trying to have a go at you Miyagi

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Bro you keep saying that you will keep replying until people stop replying to you, but why? Do you really have that little going on in your life?

Or is it like a psychological issue, like you can't leave something unfinished, because I have met kids (and adults) like that, usually autism-related.

If it is a genuine psychological issue I apologise, but otherwise why don't you just shut down your computer/phone and go do something else? You're not making any friends or ingratiating yourself with anyone with your posting here right now. Your just embarrassing yourself. Take a break IMO.
You're not just replying now, you're asking questions. Take a hint ;)

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have. I don't consider cricket besides fast bowling to be a real sport. It's a game of skill. That's it. I gave you my opinion.

I love cricket. I love chess. I love 500. But it's hardly a real sport.
Since when are sports not games of skill. I suppose it nullifies any of your points about Jackson considering that he required considerable skill in his sports to maintain a great but not legendary career as a running back, a less than special batting average and great out fielding ability.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Since when are sports not games of skill. I suppose it nullifies any of your points about Jackson considering that he required considerable skill in his sports to maintain a great but not legendary career as a running back, a less than special batting average and great out fielding ability.
I love games of skill. I appreciate the talents of those who win at games of skill. I even watch WSOP.

But if we're talking sportsmen, and including cricket batsmen, seems a lil lame to me.

Where's the sport? Hitting a 6 times every 5 minutes divided by 2?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't really care whose the better allround sportsman tbh, I'm just waiting for Miyagi to acknowledge the mistake he made in post #7900 of this thread, back on page 198 (@40ppp)
@Mr. Miyagi: Await response to this also apart from the four points which are pending.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I love games of skill. I appreciate the talents of those who win at games of skill. I even watch WSOP.

But if we're talking sportsmen, and including cricket batsmen, seems a lil lame to me.

Where's the sport? Hitting a 6 times every 5 minutes divided by 2?
:laugh: Cricket batting requires no skill as per the above post.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
@Mr. Miyagi: Await response to this also apart from the four points which are pending.
I answered it in one.

I don't think cricket is enough of a sport for a batsman to every qualify as great sportsman, as there's no power, endurance, speed, power or enough navigating what is in front of him as a challenge beyond the hand eye skill of swatting a ball a couple times every 6 minutes.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
:laugh: Cricket batting requires no skill as per the above post.
No it requires skill. But it doesn't require athleticism, fitness, power, muscles, endurance, power, speed, strength, or anything else.

Tennis is deserving of more respect from a sporting point of view.

I love cricket. But I know its limitations as a "real sport".

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One of my school friends who used to hate cricket used to make this point that Inzamam is such a fat bloke, so how can cricket be an awesome game. Countering a cricket ball requires skill and any one who has played even a bit of cricket would go beyond the fat argument.