• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Chahal unlucky not to pick up a wicket yet, has beaten the numerous times. Kuldeep strangely has looked relatively pedestrian so far.

Shri

Mr. Glass
This is what I wonder

MSD must realise he's not good enough anymore

Surely he's a proud enough man in that he won't want to carry on playing if he's a liability to the team, right? I means, that's the general impression I have of him.

Maybe at some level he still believes he has it? Maybe Shastri and Kohli are forcing him to stay on and he actually wants to retire? Maybe he needs the money?

I don't know. I don't get it.
Have a feeling he's going to announce his retirement soon before the WC. But then again, he looked good in the IPL so maybe he thinks he's still got it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would respect the selectors a lot if they dropped Dhoni now. They won't but it would be the right thing to do. Especially given the way he treated old players when he was captain.

Jack1

International Debutant
Bairstow off again. Literally just looks to smash it every game, he plays some delicious shots as well.
He set the tone for the chase. Very valuable innings and everyone else is reaping rewards from it. Shame about the Vince run out though that was needless

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sky on Root's fifty: 'an important knock in an important game.'

I'm not convinced by either statement really, but it's certainly been a pleasant and professional one so far. The kind of thing sides used to do to us through the middle overs, when we thought we'd done okay to get 260 and found it's not close to enough.

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
The last thing I expected before this series was England wrist spinner outperforming Indian wrist spinners in two games at the trot

anaksr

U19 Debutant
We might discuss this thousand times but fact is that only Dhoni can drop himself. He seems to command respect from his team mates and Virat always look for advice from him.

Frankly, this guy has done it previously. Remember his test retirement. His performance as test skipper was horrible but no one was asking him to retire but he suprised everyone and retired. Then resigning as skipper from LO too came as suprise as he was doing fine as he felt that time was ripe to handover captaincy to Virat.

So chill guys, if he feels that he's time is up and needs to give way to someone then he will make way. It might be a case where Virat & co really want him till WC.
PS: Iam not a Dhoni fan.

Niall

International Coach
We might discuss this thousand times but fact is that only Dhoni can drop himself. He seems to command respect from his team mates and Virat always look for advice from him.

Frankly, this guy has done it previously. Remember his test retirement. His performance as test skipper was horrible but no one was asking him to retire but he suprised everyone and retired. Then resigning as skipper from LO too came as suprise as he was doing fine as he felt that time was ripe to handover captaincy to Virat.

So chill guys, if he feels that he's time is up and needs to give way to someone then he will make way. It might be a case where Virat & co really want him till WC.
PS: Iam not a Dhoni fan.
The World cup is a massive draw for him, I suspect his IPL slogging has convinced him that he should carry on. India could do with some young blood but I suspect they will just recall Rahane next ODI series.:laugh:

anaksr

U19 Debutant
The World cup is a massive draw for him, I suspect his IPL slogging has convinced him that he should carry on. India could do with some young blood but I suspect they will just recall Rahane next ODI series.:laugh:
Noooooo that will be horrible. This guy cannot win you matches in LO. Rather take Jadhav instead of Raina. He was not bad and he can bowl.

Niall

International Coach
Noooooo that will be horrible. This guy cannot win you matches in LO. Rather take Jadhav instead of Raina. He was not bad and he can bowl.
Agreed, but don't think the Indian selectors think that far outside the box. Can't have enough experience:ph34r: