• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Burner

International Regular
That is true. I guess what I am saying is that when **** hits the fan and they usually do in a tournament like the WC, Morgan doesn't have a bowler to turn to. I have always believed that it's the bowlers that win you tournaments like the WC. Australia has Starc, India has Bumrah, SA Rabada and Pakistan has Hasan, Amir etc.

When I say England aren't going to win the WC with that bowling line up it's that their bowling line up is going to capitulate more often than the other teams at the knock outs.

This is all speculation though. If things fall into place they might well win the WC. We'll have to wait and see.

smash84

The Tiger King
Would be awesome if Pakistan can do a repeat of the Champions trophy. The bowling attack is pretty good, the batting not so good if Fakhar doesn't fire at the top. Although at this point in time I find it hard to see them in the last 4.

And England will probably bottle another knockout match this time around in the WC. There are always clouds over their mental toughness. Which is where the Australians are so good. They usually bring their A game to the pressure games.

Last edited:

anaksr

U19 Debutant
My team for 1st test imo

Rahul - Enough of dropping. Stick with him
Vijay
Virat
Chepu(Present form is horrible but
deserves place for 1st test)
Rahane
Dinesh
Ashwin(Will play him as all rounder - guy is
decent at 7 atleast better than fraud
Hardik.)
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Bumrah(Shami if he is not fit)
Ishant

Tom Flint

International Regular
My team for 1st test imo

Vijay
Virat
Rahane
Dinesh
Hardik.)
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Ishant
Isn't that 12 players lol

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My team for 1st test imo

Vijay
Virat
Rahane
Dinesh
Hardik.)
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Ishant
Like this team. Ashwin has to be playing as an all-rounder to justify his spot and Kuldeep should 100% be in there at least for the 1st Test then see how he goes.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
This was a really good ODI series for Willey. Definitely seems to be progressing as a cricketer. Pretty impressed by him hitting his yorkers at the death too.

Last edited:

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
My team for 1st test imo

Vijay
Virat
Rahane
Dinesh
Hardik.)
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Ishant
Agree mostly but I'd have Kohli at 4 and Pujara at 3 and Yadav instead of Bumrah (assuming Shami isn't match fit)

Mr Miyagi

Banned
How are people expecting India's batting to go here?

I know a lot comes down to whether Broad and Anderson can get through 5 games in 6.5 weeks well after both returning from injury.

But are people expecting a dazzling Indian batting success? Expecting a batting failure? Or just no idea and are eagerly anticipating the series?

Borges

International Regular
But are people expecting a dazzling Indian batting success?
No. Not with Vijay and Pujara looking shaky.

Expecting a batting failure? Or just no idea and are eagerly anticipating the series?
Not a total failure a la Bangladesh; but I wouldn't be surprised at a couple of collapses.
This time around, I would be looking at the Indian bowling with more interest.

smash84

The Tiger King
It's mid July now, so the worst of the English summer is behind us. I expect the Indian batting won't do too badly this time around. But am expecting Indian bowlers to do significantly worse than the English ones. Looking forward to the series.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Except a few disaster series India has always batted well in England. I expect us to do well. Some high scores and maybe a collapse or two as well. Over all average score of 325/10 or so across the test series.