• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Borges

International Regular
This is a proper thrashing; completely outplayed.

Well done, England! Hopefully you have realised by now that roads are not the way forward.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Sky on Root's fifty: 'an important knock in an important game.'

I'm not convinced by either statement really, but it's certainly been a pleasant and professional one so far. The kind of thing sides used to do to us through the middle overs, when we thought we'd done okay to get 260 and found it's not close to enough.
It certainly keeps the 'England can't win on anything but roads' and 'England have no chance of winning the world cup with this bowling' brigade silent, at least for the time being.

I think it's important for England's preparations for the next world cup. Could easily face India in a semi or final. If they'd collapsed against Yadav again it wouldn't do much for the confidence.

Burner

International Regular
I am part of England can't win the WC with this bowling lineup brigade. This was a good bowling performance but I still stand by it. Today was a collectively good bowling effort and I just don't see them doing it consistently.

anaksr

U19 Debutant
Iam not sure whether Rashid has retired from tests but if not then needs to be drafted into team.He's much better than other craps like crane.IMO

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I am part of England can't win the WC with this bowling lineup brigade. This was a good bowling performance but I still stand by it. Today was a collectively good bowling effort and I just don't see them doing it consistently.
They don't really need to bowl well consistently. They've more or less won most ODI series over the last few years with the same bowling lineup. Bowl ok, and bat well has been winning them more games than not.

Additionally there are no outstanding teams going into 2019. They've just beaten India and Aus at home, who are bookies 2nd and 3rd favorites for the tournament.
Plus England (or any side) only need to win two knockout games to win the tournament.

Sure their bowling is average, and there is no outstanding individual bowler. They won't defend 250 very often, but the good news for them is they tend to bang out 300+ even on average days.

You talk about England's limitations (which they have plenty of) but what of India or Australia. Somebody has to win it. England have as good a chance as any imo.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
It's certainly showing signs of improvement in the last year I think. They bowled really well today, and although you might argue that they were flattered by poor batting towards the end by India in the 2nd ODI, we still put them into a situation where they were 5 wickets down and needed 8/9 an over with 15 overs left. I believe we'd have seen that game through with the way we bowled even if Dhoni had not played so strangely.

Hopefully, it's only going to become stronger once Chris Woakes is back as well. He'd probably replace Wood in the starting XI, albeit he bowled very well today. Problem is he's not doing it consistently enough to leave Woakes out.