• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Woodster

International Captain
Fair play to India to sticking in there today when it looked like Elgar and Amla were going to take SA to the brink of victory.

SA were rightly the series winners they have played the most consistent high level of cricket throughout the series, while some of India's decisions have been questionable and certainly haven't helped themselves but I don't think had they gone any other way with selections the outcome would have been any different. SA may have slightly taken their foot off the gas in this Test having the series already sewn up but that shouldn't take anything away from India. It's no shame for India to lose to SA here, still see them as being the outstanding team for the next 18 months to two years if they keep everyone playing Test cricket.

India should though see this tour as a missed opportunity, the pitch in the second Test was of more an Asian persuasion than it was South African and the Wanderers produced a pitch that ultimately made the Test a lottery.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
didn't expect this result after the first day, very happy to be proved wrong! well done india! if the batsmen outside of kohli had come to play one test earlier, the series may have ended very differently!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shami really loves a grubby deteriorating wicket doesn't he. 3w @ 50 in the first innings and 12w @ 8 in the second.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good job India on what sounds like a bloody tough deck.

Did anyone bop Md Shami over long on for six?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ishant has a been a Perfectly Fine Test Bowler since mid-2015 (India's tour of BD)

20 Tests, 47 wickets, average of 30.54 and an economy of 2.74

His worst performance in this time was in Australia, where he took just 3 wickets in 3 Tests, but even then managed an economy of 2.67
2.75 wpm is pretty awful for a full time bowler but having to bowl in the sub continent is bad for any fast bowler. He's still the worst player ever to have played 80 tests.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to India on winning your "Pune" test. Pity it was in the final test instead of the first. Still, a good fight and entertaining cricket for all three tests.

Nice warm up for SA for the SA/Aus series which looks to be a fast bowler showdown with two very vulnerable batting lineups.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It was a good series. Just a pity they are going to now play nine pointless limited overs' matches. They could have made it a four or even five test series.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Never would have imagined that De Kock would have a series like this, especially against India of all teams, a team that he usually relishes playing against.
It confuses me that people haven't worked out how massively over-rated de Kock is.

Shri

Mr. Glass
They were competent against Rabada. Anderson shouldn't be a problem if they show him the respect he deserves on cloudy days.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Must have been an illusion. I was seriously expecting that I was going to find out he is nearly 7 foot. 6'2" has me really disappointed. He must have been standing near some very short folk on the camera shots I saw and probably in the foreground too.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Well done India. This win might be worth two. Firstly, it stuck it up SA. Secondly, it might have woke them up to their limitations in time to help them stick it up Australia.

Victor Ian

International Coach
So can someone explain the prodigious swing I was seeing here? Why so much more than normal? How does 'grass' help swing. Does it release moisture or help the swingy air lay lower to the ground?

Woodster

International Captain
They were competent against Rabada. Anderson shouldn't be a problem if they show him the respect he deserves on cloudy days.
You ever seen Anderson bowl in English conditions ? He will be a problem for the Indian batsmen, I can assure you of that, cloudy or otherwise.