• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha Pakistan are going to be fuming if we get a few more overs in to make it a match - would take what was an even contest and give NZ a massive advantage I expect.
Ehhh I’d still say we were pretty comfortably ahead. They were definitely still in it but while Guptill and Taylor are in the run rate isn’t a problem

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
IMO we were slightly ahead but Pakistan would have been counting on one more wicket to expose the less experienced batsmen.

Athlai

Not Terrible
So New Zealand lose 25 overs of time and only 95 runs?

Doesn’t seem right, will make it an interesting finish though

Athlai

Not Terrible
I guess the major downside here for Pakistan is that they have to get five overs out of the fifth + options in this short period and no more Amir at all.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a pretty good chance for someone to win that $50k - not much in the way of competition.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wickets in hand though.
Yeah but the point isn’t to make the game fair, it’s to make it represent accurately the situation we were in. 2 down after 15, at 65, chasing 250? Seems weird you’d say the equivalent of that would be 150 in 25. I’d expect it more like 130-135

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf by compressing the chase they're asking NZ to do something they haven't been great at lately, which is hitting a high strike rate at the end. e.g. Taylor, Latham, Nicholls, Santner not the most explosive.

Pakistan absolutely have to get Guptill to have a chance though.

vcs

Seems like a tailor-made situation for Guptill. Pakistan a tad unfortunate IMO. Still a wicket or two puts them right back in it.

Zinzan

Seems like a tailor-made situation for Guptill. Pakistan a tad unfortunate IMO. Still a wicket or two puts them right back in it.
Not overall. They made a paltry 240 on a slightly slowish 280 par wicket and then NZ were 67/2 after 14 chasing with Taylor and Guptill both at the crease. This NZ side wins from there 8 times out of 10.

I'd say Pakistan were more fortunate it rained.

vcs

Not overall. They made a paltry 240 on a slightly slowish 280 par wicket and then NZ were 67/2 after 14 chasing with Taylor and Guptill both at the crease. This NZ side wins from there 8 times out of 10.

I'd say Pakistan were more fortunate it rained.
Yeah, I guess they probably had the momentum at that stage given they needed some lower order heroics to make 250 and then made a decent start with the ball, so I meant it in that sense.

Still, with Guptill smashing it about like this, should be easy enough for NZ now.

vcs

Down to a run a ball in a couple of overs, and job done for NZ now

vcs

First time Hasan Ali's really been taken apart in his career so far.