• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Spark

Global Moderator
So good reading you guys rattle on about Smith in his youth when you clearly have no idea
There is someone here who "knew" at least second-hand about Smith during high school/uni. Think it was dermo?

Had an interesting anecdote tstl.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
my cricket teacher in high school said he played against a teenage Michael Clarke's school side in the 90s and said he was exactly as Smith is being described here, ****y and very aware of his abilities
So like almost every kid who's decent at sport.

Seriously, these guys spend their entire formative years being repeatedly told how good they are at something. Surprised they ain't more ****ed up tbh

Wicket2Wicket

Cricket Spectator
Amla has been dismissed 5 times this series by Hazelwood. Someone is not doing their job. Amla obviously, but also the batting coach, and the head coach. This is ridiculous.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is someone here who "knew" at least second-hand about Smith during high school/uni. Think it was dermo?

Had an interesting anecdote tstl.
I've had mates who played against him in NSW junior ranks, said he was an absolute ****

but I'd take it with a grain of salt

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Well anyway, he's really getting the same treatment as Ponting.

Show a bit of emotion on the field, show that you really care and that you're upset when losing and suddenly you're the worst human on the earth despite reports suggesting that they're actually pretty good human beings.

It's like these punters would prefer the West Indian way of just not caring.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well anyway, he's really getting the same treatment as Ponting.

Show a bit of emotion on the field, show that you really care and that you're upset when losing and suddenly you're the worst human on the earth despite reports suggesting that they're actually pretty good human beings.
Also be really, really good at scoring ****loads of runs.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Also be really, really good at scoring ****loads of runs.
I reckon it's completely ****ed how some posters carry on.

I want my captain to care, show the pain and despair of what your position entails. There's nothing worse than having a captain who just doesn't seem bothered either way