• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The pink ball looks like crap close up. All the dye just sits on the surface so it doesn't wear properly. Like it's been painted rather than dyed.

Blocky

Banned
Ummm.. he can certainly be a bit scatter gun at times which was very Johnson'esq.
His version of scatter gun isn't anything near what Johnson was on his worst days, and at times when he's spraying it a bit, he's more dangerous because he gets one on song that's near unplayable.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Not even remotely close to what Johnson was like on his bad days.
Maybe. I recently remember the first test vs Sri Lanka in Kandy recently... he took 3 early wickets in the second innings and then sprayed it around everywhere to Mendis.

But agreed... more consistent than Johnson.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nathan Lyon is such a ****ing liability in every way. Can't even hold up an end when batting anymore, just throws his wicket away and doesn't give a ****.

It genuinely annoys me

Blocky

Banned
Most cricket balls look pretty unsightly after 60 overs tbf.
Yeah, but the red ones don't go that grey color when they've been roughed up on the outside.

They need to find a decent process to treat and stain the leather to get the pink vibrant enough that they're not relying on paint, at the moment they're relying on lacquer and paint to give it, it's hue, similar to the white cricket ball.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a man who decided to uppercut an Aus A bowler for 6 with 3 overs left in the day's play, I say go for these strokes. The weak play like Cook.

Redbacks

International Captain
D/N cricket is tough for the viewer. Years of endless 'better to bat at 2pm tomorrow' observations ahead.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i fear we were 100 runs away from someone saying "SA should consider declaring tonight"