• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Please win this fecking toss!!!! For the sake of cricket.
Would love England to go 5-25 or something in the first half hour just to troll everyone whinging about the toss.

Well, I'd love it even if no one was whinging about the toss, but you get my point.

OverratedSanity

Would love England to go 5-25 or something in the first half hour just to troll everyone whinging about the toss.

Well, I'd love it even if no one was whinging about the toss, but you get my point.
It's futile. Just ignore them like they've ignored all our posts on the matter.

vcs

Yeah, games are routinely decided inside the first session of play in England when visiting sides fold within the first session and a half for <150, and England then pile up 350+. But no one complains then, it's all credit to Anderson and Broad. Give me this any day over a match that ends as a contest after 2 sessions.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant

Are you saying the toss isn't a massive advantage on these surfaces?

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Yeah, games are routinely decided inside the first session of play in England when visiting sides fold within the first session and a half for <150, and England then pile up 350+. But no one complains then, it's all credit to Anderson and Broad. Give me this any day over a match that ends as a contest after 2 sessions.
Often in England you have a real decision whether you bat or bowl first.

vcs

Anyway, it's an easy copout for us guys not to give England any credit whatsoever if they do go on to win this match. :D

vcs

Not many spectators there again I see - very sad
It's pretty chilly over there this time of year, and the stadium is a bit outside the city. Might improve a bit through the day.

Mohali's always had crap crowds though, remember Laxman and Ojha taking us to that thrilling win against the Aussies in front of empty stands. Don't know why it always gets a Test match, would prefer they go with Ferozeshah Kotla.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thank goodness for that, and if England don't take advantage I am going to send Cook a bill to reimburse me for the lost sleep