• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Don't need to win both games to win the series... just need to win one.
And at least our bowlers can get the job done in conditions other than at home, you guys should learn from us, 4 million vs 1 billion and we're still a better cricketing side.
Weren't you saying earlier that Southee and Boult were rubbish overseas because it didn't swing much? And that every spinner NZ has is useless?

Interesting definition of 'getting the job done' tbh.

Blocky

Banned
Weren't you saying earlier that Southee and Boult were rubbish overseas because it didn't swing much? And that every spinner NZ has is useless?

Interesting definition of 'getting the job done' tbh.
Southee and Boult aren't our best bowlers, Wagner is, and he gets it done everywhere.

Also, in comparison to the tosh that India plays, Santner in those conditions against batsmen who don't bat in anything but low, slow, turners, would be absolutely lethal.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hit the PP **** where it hurts boys... Check out the circle jerk going on between Blocky, CM Punk and listento me.... Those WC losses hurting baaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddd

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I'm backing Cook to call heads and win the test match. Who cares about hundreds and fifers this is the real battle.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If England win the next match, I fear they will take the series.

[/early Gambhiring out of the way]

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think they have a very good shot at it, tbh. As good as Broad was in the last innings he bowled in, I think Woakes and Anderson are a perfect combo to be opening the bowling in the cool mornings of Mohali. And if we are not playing Bhuvi ahead of Umesh, I would love to see Ashwin and Shami take the new ball if England bat first. Umesh does most of the same stuff that Shami does as a bowler and it will be better if we can use Umesh first change along with Jaddu or Jayant.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah England won't be carrying baggage like they were in the last game. They'll win this and Mumbai because they have a decent record there. Chennai is ours tho.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
If England win the next match, I fear they will take the series.

[/early Gambhiring out of the way]
Nah if we win the toss(and game as a result).

They will make sure Mumbai and Chennai are draw wickets where the toss won't decide the game.